We are looking for a Software Development Engineer to join Tune’s small, successful HasOffers Dataflow team. One of the most established engineering groups at TUNE, Dataflow builds and maintains the systems which handle all event measurement, aggregation, data warehousing, and reporting functionality at HasOffers. These high-volume, high-velocity, high-throughput systems are interesting and challenging, and we're looking for the right person to help us retain our top spot in an ever evolving market.
Our system handles tens of billions of events per month. The ideal candidate has a strong history of working on large, distributed systems that deliver predictable performance worldwide, scaling with minimal pain. Have an interesting project on Github? We'd love to see it.
Learn more about what it's like to be an engineer at TUNE.
You'll be responsible for...
- Building solutions for consuming and reporting on huge data sets.
- Solving hard concurrency and distributed programming problems.
- Writing elegant, performant code in a highly available, distributed environment.
- Analyzing and optimizing existing code with an eye towards scalability and robustness.
- Helping shape our future data management and data warehousing architecture.
- Participating in our on-call rotation, along with the rest of our engineers. Though our engineers are occasionally on-call, we're committed to both a healthy work-life balance and to addressing technical debt to keep our nights and weekends worry-free.
What you'll need...
- Computer Science or relevant math/science academic background (or truly great experience).
- Industry proven software engineering experience (over 3 years of professional experience) with a focus on parallel processing, distributing systems, and large sets of complex data.
- Expertise working with programming languages such as Go, Python, Java, PHP or C++.
- Ability to actively contribute to scalable solutions on top of platforms such as Kafka, Spark, and AWS. Experience with Hadoop, other cloud platforms welcomed.
- Must be comfortable with backend programming as well as working in a Linux/Unix environment.
- Extensive knowledge of common design patterns, and how and when to apply them.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and work professionally with teams.
Nice to have:
Expertise or interest in at least one functional language.
What sets TUNE apart...
- 100% of Employees' Premiums Covered for Medical, Vision and Dental
- Paid Parental Leave: 12 weeks for maternity leave, 2 weeks for paternity leave.
- 4 weeks PTO (increases over time)
Equity (varies my position)
100% Commuter Transit Coverage
A top-notch culinary team serving light breakfast and full lunch.
TUNE Cares is our philanthropic program supporting education, the environment, diversity, and other important community causes through life enriching experiences
The TUNE House program is designed to promote a collaborative environment for women aligned in their effort to be innovative and extraordinary leaders in the tech industry
Opportunity to strongly impact company strategy and growth
Fun, creative and focused teams committed to learning and problem-solving through collaboration
Endless opportunity for advancement and development in a fast-growth environment
10 reasons why you should work for TUNE
TUNE is on a mission to make mobile marketing better for everyone. The TUNE Marketing Console empowers marketers to measure their mobile marketing campaigns, gather insight, and engage their users through one, integrated solution. Accuracy, transparency, and efficiency are critical in marketing which is why the TUNE also integrates with and builds technologies (like HasOffers) that power marketers’ agencies, ad networks, and other partners.
As the most adopted measurement and attribution platform for the top 100 grossing apps across iOS and Android, TUNE is trusted by brands like Expedia, Sephora, Starbucks, and Amazon, ad platforms like Doubleclick, and AOL, and martech like Google Analytics, Adobe Marketing Cloud, BlueKai and many more.
As the leading performance marketing platform, HasOffers by TUNE® gives thousands of businesses around the world the ability to track and manage their own publisher relationships. The fully-customizable software solution also enables clients to manage campaigns, creatives, invoices, payouts, and more at a detailed level—in real time. For more information, visit www.hasoffers.com.
Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, with over 350 employees in ten offices worldwide, TUNE’s solutions are globally recognized as the most innovative, reliable, and best supported in mobile marketing.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on basis of disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other legally protected status.