Improbable’s mission is to make new realities possible. These realities will enrich the human experience, underpin superior decisions, be the foundation for new businesses and create insights into how the universe works.
Our first product is SpatialOS; a distributed operating system capable of producing consequential, persistent simulations at an unprecedented scale. SpatialOS is being deployed in many progressive game studios and the most critical government institutions across the world.
We are a British technology company with an internationally diverse workforce, unified by our desire to achieve extraordinary things. Fulfilling our long-term vision requires solving some of the most interesting and difficult problems on earth; the journey to new realities provides continuous progression and development opportunities for our world-class problem solvers.
The Talent Team sits within People Operations and is tasked with attracting and hiring exceptional talent from across the globe. We’re known for our detail-oriented approach, particularly using novel methods, which has led to the acquisition of our incredible people to date. We changed the landscape of how start-ups scale when we invested early in the team, and that investment continues as we enter our next stage of ambitious growth. We have multiple roles available.
In the role of Talent Manager - Campus Programmes, you will develop and implement Improbable’s global campus hiring strategy, positioning us as a top employer amongst technical graduates and interns. You’ll create world-class Graduate and Intern programmes, that attract the very best technical students to join us.
Working in a small team, you’ll lead all campus branding, marketing, event management and outreach. You’ll develop strong relationships with Universities, Professors and Student Organisations and build a strong campus presence. You’ll use creative tools to source, assess and hire top early stage talent, with a strong focus on diversity.
We anticipate that you will:
• Develop world-class Graduate and Intern programmes
• Deliver a global campus hiring strategy that includes; branding, events, marketing, outreach, assessment and onboarding, and that develops a targeted talent pool for Improbable with a heavy focus on diversity
• Build lasting relationships with Universities, Professors and Student Organisations across both the US and Europe
• Present strategy initiatives and on-going ROI to Improbable engineering leadership
You should relate to the following profile:
• Deep campus hiring experience within a technology company or in an extremely competitive landscape, with a history of executing campus hiring seasons from start to finish
• Experience managing internal stakeholders and building strong external relationships with Universities, Professors and Student Organisations.
• Exceptional written and verbal English - inviting, compelling, influential, thoughtful, articulate
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills; building metrics, measuring impact, translating data into action
• High levels of emotional intelligence - able to interpret, anticipate, empathise and adjust in every scenario. Natural networker, able to slowly and tactfully extract information
These competencies would also be helpful:
• A radical, creative approach to building and delivering pipeline programmes
• History of delivering campus programmes targeted at CompSci/Engineering/Maths undergrads and diversity hires
• Experience delivering presentations, budget management and reporting, contract negotiation, event management
• Have hired talent from across the globe