Our vision is to power every autonomous vehicle with the first LiDAR capable of making them both safe and scalable. It’s easy to get an autonomous vehicle to work 99% of the time, but it’s the last 1% that’s preventing them from becoming a reality. That’s where we come in. We’ve built a breakthrough LiDAR from the chip level up, delivering 50x better resolution and 10x longer range than the most advanced LiDARs available today. Luminar is not just a sensor, but the core of a platform that can enable the industry to have safe autonomous vehicles on the road.
We are a diverse team of passionate and driven individuals, making us a powerhouse of innovation, design, engineering, and manufacturing. We are hiring the best and the brightest to accelerate the industry, and bring forward the next transportation revolution.
Luminar Technologies, Inc. is currently seeking applicants for a Technical Project Manager to join our growing team in Orlando, FL.
The Technical Project Manager will lead cross-functional product introduction teams that are responsible for bringing products from concept through realization in a dynamic, fast paced, high tech team environment. These cross-functional teams will execute the feasibility, development, verification, validation, pilot production and industrialization of the product portfolio. The Technical Project Manager implements project management best practices to ensure projects are completed on time, within budget, and in adherence to specification.
- Coordinate all activities to meet project cost, schedule, and performance of multiple assigned projects
- Manages, facilitates, and documents regular project status meetings
- Organizes team meetings
- Develops, tracks and updates the project schedule and milestones
- Interfaces with product line management for spec development
- Develops, tracks, and updates product compliance matrices
- Develops, tracks, and updates product configuration documentation
- Develops, tracks, and updates bill of materials and product cost roll up
- Develops and manages risk assessment and mitigation plans through risk analysis
- Communicates project status to the project teams, management and other stakeholders
- Clearly communicates roles, expectations, work direction to all team members on a regular basis
- Holds team members accountable to meet quality and timeline expectations of their deliverables
- Ensures that design documentation is effectively transferred into the ERP system
SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in engineering or a technical field; master’s degree is a plus
- Minimum 10 years of experience with electro-opto-mechanical systems; minimum 5 years of experience managing projects
- PM certification is desired
- Applicants must have a track record of leading cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to drive a project to completion
- Effective planning/organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to multi-task and set priorities
- Strong track record of leading teams through influence
- Ability to work in a highly dynamic work environment with very demanding schedule constraints
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Project, Excel, Power Point, Word, and Vizio are mandatory
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Luminar offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package.