FICO (NYSE: FICO) is a leading global analytics software company, helping businesses in 90+ countries make better decisions. Join our world-class team today and fulfill your career potential!
Product demonstrations and technical presentations of FICO solutions to potential customers and work closely with sales persons to help achieve targets
The Pre-Sales Consultant provides internal and external thought leadership together with a combination of value-focused sales management, engagement management, and account management roles capability unique to each client, deal or country, and works in collaboration with professionals from the Sales, Project Management, product management, scoring and analytics areas of FICO to provide consultative selling support to FICO prospects and clients. A Consultant focuses on understanding the client industry challenges and business goals and leverages this knowledge combined with knowledge of FICO’s tools, applications and analytics to craft the most appropriate solution to support the client in resolution of their burning business problems and achievement against their business goals.
- Provides cross-unit support to all Client Partners and their teams
- Possesses deep knowledge of retail credit products and processes, and/or of decision management tools and technologies in a retail credit context, and working knowledge of other commercial financial service operations and practices
- Possesses strong business understanding of solutions and the contexts in which they provide the greatest performance lift
- Leverages this knowledge to build highly credible relationships with each client team and to provide support in improving and executing each client sales plan, and acts to support a client-specific consultative sales process
- Researches country and industry business and regulatory trends to assist in identifying client-specific needs and opportunities
- Engages in collaborative discussion with sales CPs, Sales Productivity consultants, product management and development resources to stimulate innovative product use and development
- Acts in coordination across one or multiple client teams to insure that delivery resources and virtual teams supporting specific engagements are acting with the client’s best interests at heart
- Develops and enhances strategic, multi-discipline client proposals with participation of key product and functional leaders.
- Acts as a client advocate with an IT or technology perspective in internal process and planning exercises
- Acts as spokesperson for FICO on industry issues or technology trends – including appearances as a speaker at tradeshows and FICO-led conferences
- Leverages corporate marketing resources and events to improve FICO brand recognition
The Pre-Sales Consultant is responsible for
- Contributing to compelling thought leadership on both the market/technical landscape and FICO solutions to both internal and external audiences
- Lead the investigation, development of a value based solution leveraging existing FICO assets to grow applications revenue.
- Quantifying the addressable market, target accounts and buyers and influences and leading the effort directly or indirectly with the field organization to win business.
- Act as a domain expert and executive relationship builder in the target accounts for the specific offerings.
- Develop all supporting sales pursuit materials and collateral.
- Coordinate with respective teams(product management, marketing, field sales, presales, ar/pr, services) to assure success with the targeting offering
- Proposal development in coordination with a virtual sales team that incorporates resources from Proposal Quality Assurance, Professional Services, Client Partners and Sales Productivity areas
- Presentations to the client on specific solutions recommendations and/or industry and technology trends and/or providing a “road map” for implementation of a solution set into the client’s environment
- Presentations and demonstrations of FICO products and services that comprise solutions targeting specific business issues, including ability to derive and define likely client benefit (monetary terms)
- Identifying potential delivery risk, and helping colleagues in Professional Services to structure Statements of Work so that risk is mitigated or priced for to ensure project profitability
- Demonstrating thought leadership at industry events and FICO functions, including speeches at conferences, webinars, participation in round table discussions and presentation at our annual FICOWorld event
Skills & Experience
- Deep industry (Consumer banking, or other vertical applying predictive analytics) and/or domain knowledge (Marketing, Originations, Customer Management, Fraud, or Collections and Recovery) required. This knowledge should span solutions in the space, competitive landscape and include existing executive-level relationships.
- Deep consultative selling experience or direct consulting experience.
- Prefer knowledge of consumer credit risk management and related technologies, industry trends, and regulatory challenges.
- FICO-specific product knowledge a plus.
- Demonstrable experience in applying general solution concepts to specific business problems in the consumer credit risk domain.
- Ability to lead a matrixed/virtual sales team, and develop the ability of others to engage in client focused dialogue.
- Possesses a network of contacts within existing FICO client footprint.
- Current understanding of, and ability to research/ coordinate research into, how regulatory and industry trends align with FICO product/service solutions and client investment decisions.
- Willingness to engage clients, analysts and media in regular open-ended dialogue to uncover industry trends.
- Strong solution delivery and project management skills
- Preference for direct experience working in a similar solutions management or pre-sales support / business development role.
- Intensely interested in finding new ways to provide and describe business value to economic buyers.
- Ability to effectively listen to clients and understand their priorities and business needs.
- Extroverted; Able to develop strong business relationships at high levels at clients and within FICO.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to give effective presentations to all levels within an organization.
- Strong team building and coordination / leadership skills.
- Demonstrated Project or program Management skills.
- Able to quickly become expert in the critical aspects of a prospective client's business model, financials, and strategic objectives.
- Deadline oriented. Ability to focus on multiple concurrent high profile tasks/projects;
- Attention to detail. Sound reasoning skills; logical thinking; ability to see the big picture.
- Self-starter; who is able to work well under pressure.
- You will likely read and understand publications such as the Economist, the Financial Times, and the Wall Street Journal, yet feel comfortable talking to both technology and business executives.
Why Make a Move to FICO?
At FICO, you can advance your career with a leading organization in one of the fastest-growing fields in technology today – Big Data analytics. We have a 50+ year history of excellence in providing analytics and decision management solutions. Here are a few examples of our impact globally:
- Credit Scoring —150+ billion FICO Scores have been sold to date, making it the most used credit score in the world.
- Fraud Detection and Security—2.5+ billion credit cards globally are protected by FICO fraud systems.
- Lending —3/4 of US mortgages are approved using the FICO Score.
FICO’s proven science leverages the latest technology to drive consumer behavior insights and optimize business processes. We help many of the world’s leading banks, insurers, retailers, telecommunications providers and other firms reach a new level of success.
Our success is founded on really talented people – just like you – who enjoy innovative and high-performance environments with the opportunity to grow. Join the FICO Family and help change the way business makes decisions!
Learn more about how you can fulfill your potential at www.fico.com/Careers
FICO values the strength that diversity and a culture of inclusion bring to our workplace. We are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and we’re proud to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.