Tesla Motors is seeking a Regional Technical Specialist. This role is at a key connection point between our regional service centers and the EU Service Engineering team. Your responsibility will be to keep our vehicles on the road by supporting the Regional Service locations with complex diagnostic issues/operation needs. A strong technical background in diagnosing complex electromechanical systems with heavy software content and deployed in safety-critical applications is required. This Regional Field Technical Specialist must be passionate about diagnostics, must be a strong critical thinker with great fluency understanding technical system-level architecture and issues. This role will require extensive travel at short notice supporting issues within the Service Region.
- Support technicians within region with troubleshooting techniques and remote diagnosis via the Service Toolbox escalation process.
- Provide on-site diagnostic support for service locations within region.
- Provide on-site training support for service teams or individual technicians under the guidance of Training/Service Engineering.
- Report trending/new/critical Faults/Concerns/Issues to Field Service Engineering by providing them with high level diagnostic data.
- Support Service Engineering with high level Incident response requests.
- Supporting multiple events/service locations as needed or requested by Regional management.
- Generate weekly reports based on information gathered while performing all responsibilities.
- Position may require hosting/support of service operation weekly meetings.
- Perform service operational duties within service region to ensure technician downtime is a minimum – these may include but are not limited to – Special Tooling, Inventory audits, PDI support etc.
- Regular travel required to support, monitor and report region specific Service locations needs.
- Availability for occasional off-hours calls and work.
- Strong ability to work and communicate effectively with her/ his team and peers within the Service & Service Engineering organization.
- Strong ability to be self-directed and work independently, with strong organization and documentation skills.
- Exceptional capacity for managing simultaneous activities and challenges.
- Strong analytical problem solving skills and hands-on experience with hardware, tools, instruments, CAN or similar protocol analysis.
- Experience with complex automotive/ electromechanical systems, preferably electric vehicles or high voltage DC systems such as DC storage or DC-DC converters.
- Skilled with common workplace and database software (MS Word, Excel, Visio, Access, etc).
- Able to read and interpret mechanical drawings and electrical schematics,
- Experience with environmental and safety requirements a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a Senior or Master certified OEM technician, diagnostics or field support engineer.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as the ability to follow instructions required.
- Must be fluent in English (additional foreign languages a plus/possible requirement for positions region requirement).
All applications must be submitted online and contain an English CV