GameChanger contributes to the life-changing impact of sports.
We believe that Sports Matter because they inspire leadership, teamwork, toughness, commitment and confidence—critical life lessons that have the power to propel young athletes toward meaningful futures.
We also understand that without its coaches, parents and volunteers, organized youth sports simply would not exist. We celebrate those tireless heroes, we thank them, and above all else, we make it our mission to help them do what they do best.
GameChanger is a mobile platform for amateur sports communities. Our scoring app delivers coaching insights and live fan updates for over 150,000 teams.
We're a team of 50 here at GC and hoping to be 85 by the end of the year, that's massive opportunity for both professional and personal growth. We strive to be a culture of transparency and collaboration; working together to solve the hard problems and strive to constantly be growing as individuals and as a company.
The People Operations Team:
The People Operations team at GameChanger is the culmination of what most organizations would call Human Resources, Talent Acquisition, and Office Management. We work to maintain the heart and soul of the company through both the candidate experience and the day-to-day employee experience. We’re dedicated to the mission and recognize that it’s not only the large initiations that create an amazing culture, but the attention to the details on a daily basis.
This role will be responsible for the strategy and execution of the candidate experience. It will offer a unique position to impact the business and the culture on a macro-level. We’re currently at a stage of key growth and joining GameChanger now will offer a catalyst for intense career. Our success is dependant on marketing to and hiring great people, help create a process we can write about!
- You will be building influential relationships with hiring managers in order to be the “go to” for hiring decisions.
- You will be evaluating the effectiveness of our interview process by staying keen on the nuances of the ever-changing labor market
- You will be working with our marketing and PR team to develop and refine our employer brand.
- You will be assist with ongoing projects and other People Operations related tasks as needed. Regardless of our size, we will always be looking for people to roll up their sleeves and help where help is needed.
- Someone who has been as an internal Recruiter where you’ve partnered with Hiring Managers.
- Someone who understands that finding someone who is a fit for GameChanger is not about tossing people with buzzword-y resumes at our Hiring Managers.
- Someone who can identify high caliber talent - which goes beyond just finding people who can do a job.
- You are able to form connections with colleagues and individuals quickly.
- You are someone who stays up to date on the latest in technology and trends.
- You understand the New York City tech startup landscape.
- Listen. Be empathetic. Stop and ask yourself: "Will this help the user?"
Less is More
- Limit features, initiatives, copy, partners, meetings, emails, expenses and excuses.
Be a Good Teammate
- Be selfless. Do the dirty work. Admit mistakes. Communicate honestly and directly. Celebrate wins.
- Seize opportunities to learn and grow. If you get better, we get better.
- Focus on the long term. Set high standards. Be intolerant of status quo.
- Move fast. Take calculated risks. Do today what others won’t so tomorrow we can do what others can’t.
Read Full Description
- Being part of a team of genuinely kind individuals dedicated to improving the lives of our customers and our employees.
- Awesome Ikea desks that will soon be traded in for contemporary furniture at our awesome new Tribeca digs.
- Benefits including medical, vision, prescription, dental, FSA/HRA, and coverage for family/dependants.
- Commuter Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement and 520 College Savings Plan
- Opportunities for equity compensation
- Endless supply of health and not so healthy snacks and drinks.
- Organized lunches, happy hours,, and team outings
- Unlimited vacation policy