GameChanger contributes to the life-changing impact of sports.
We believe that Sports Matter because they inspire leadership, teamwork, toughness, commitment and confidence—critical life lessons that have the power to propel young athletes toward meaningful futures.
We also understand that without its coaches, parents and volunteers, organized youth sports simply would not exist. We celebrate those tireless heroes, we thank them, and above all else, we make it our mission to help them do what they do best.
GameChanger is a mobile platform for amateur sports communities. Our scoring app delivers coaching insights and live fan updates for over 150,000 teams.
We're a team of 50 here at GC. We’re headquartered in downtown Manhattan and are proud to be part of the Dick’s Sporting Goods family.
About the Platform Team:
The Platform Engineering team is responsible for the operational and application infrastructure that powers GameChanger. We maintain the production infrastructure, build shared libraries so the product engineers can use the infrastructure effectively, and architect our server-side applications.
As a Data Engineer, you’ll design, build, and maintain our data and analytics system. This system will make our data useful across our entire company - especially for financial reporting, business metrics, and marketing support. You’ll be responsible for maintaining and operating our existing data warehouse, as well as extending our data analytics platform to enable new use cases and analyses.
- Design and build our analytics data stores
- Work closely with Data Analysts, Application Developers, Product Management and Marketing
- Design and build the ETL processes to extract information from our operational systems and from third-party systems
- Enable engineers who work on the GameChanger app and website to easily record relevant metrics
- Deploy and support the system that you build
- Architecting and building high scale, distributed software systems
- Building and maintaining huge data stores
- Designing schemas for analytics, reporting, or data warehouses
- Advanced understanding of modern SQL
- Strong software engineering fundamentals, including experience in several high-level programming languages
- Apache Kafka, Amazon Redshift, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB
- Traditional SQL data warehouses
- Hadoop or other distributed map-reduce systems
- Listen. Be empathetic. Stop and ask yourself: "Will this help the user?"
Less is More
- Limit features, initiatives, copy, partners, meetings, emails, expenses and excuses.
Be a Good Teammate
- Be selfless. Do the dirty work. Admit mistakes. Communicate honestly and directly. Celebrate wins.
- Seize opportunities to learn and grow. If you get better, we get better.
- Focus on the long term. Set high standards. Be intolerant of status quo.
- Move fast. Take calculated risks. Do today what others won’t so tomorrow we can do what others can’t.
Read Full Description
- Being part of a team of genuinely kind individuals dedicated to improving the lives of our customers and our employees.
- Awesome Ikea desks that will soon be traded in for contemporary furniture at our awesome new Tribeca digs.
- Benefits including medical, vision, prescription, dental, FSA/HRA, and coverage for family/dependants.
- Commuter Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement and 520 College Savings Plan
- Opportunities for equity compensation
- Endless supply of health and not so healthy snacks and drinks.
- Organized lunches, happy hours,, and team outings
- Unlimited vacation policy