WebMD (NASDAQ: WBMD) is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status
- Help to lead, manage and steer the video production bar for the WebMD Video Team under the supervision and guidance of the Director of the Video Production Team.
- Push video boundaries, develop franchise/series graphics, edit style (look and feel) in a fast pace environment.
- Supervise, train and mentor junior editors.
- Flexibility is key as franchises evolve and take on new dimensions.
- Help brainstorm and develop new ideas for video franchises with the WebMD Video Production Team.
- Must be a highly creative editor with the ability to make dry topics visually compelling for a variety of audiences.
- Work with the Director, Video to facilitate a uniformed thread for all video narratives, helping to align creative content; ensuring video franchises are cohesive between all producers/editors/designers/vendors.
- Responsible for upholding WebMD’s credibility in the delivery of trustworthy concepts and video products content that are in accordance with editorial and Best Practice policy
- Responsible for developing and delivering against key video engagement metrics and delivering high quality video content in accordance with editorial and best practice policy and standards
- On-time delivery of standard, custom and interactive video products.
- User satisfaction
- Editorial and high-end production quality
- Bachelors degree or equivalent years of editing experience.
- 8 Years' minimum of video editing experience
- 5 years experience in a supervisor, training and/or mentoring role of junior editors
- Demonstrated experience in video production for the web
- Demonstrated experience in multichannel distribution of content for all the different screens and audiences: desktop, handheld devices and social media.
- Must possess an advanced knowledge of multiple hardware and software programs required for post-production of video, still, audio and motion graphics including composting and 3D programs
- Thorough understanding of on-line video products, tools and specifications
- Manage all required tasks assigned includes: thumbnail image arrays, cataloging b-roll, stock images and managing assignments on workflow software
- Team player, collaborator and good time management essential
- Ability to organize, plan and prioritize work
- Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Illustrator, video graphic templates and Photoshop
- Microsoft Office, SharePoint, Workfront
- Experience working in a fast-paced Web environment
- Some medical, health and wellness knowledge a plus
- Include an itemized reel of proven work.