Job Title Part-time Instructor, Humanities (HUM 110 - Technology & Society)
Posting Number 1999
Job Schedule Part Time
Job Shift Varied
OCR Code / Classification 2 - Instructor - Faculty
Min Salary $ 31.90
Max Salary $ 35.80
Job Description Summary
The Part-time Instructor, Humanities, will teach HUM 110 (Technology & Society) courses to students. Primary instruction will take place at the Forsyth Tech Transportation Center.
1. A current graduate student with at least 18 graduate hours in Humanities, Liberal Arts or History. Note: Degrees and hours must be from a college accredited by a US Dept of Education accepted accrediting agency such as SACSCOC.
2. Successful teaching and/or work experience in the Humanities, Liberal Arts or History fields.
Preferred Qualifications1. A Master’s degree or higher and at least 18 graduate hours in Liberal Arts or History.
2. A successful teaching experience in a community college environment.
Essential DutiesESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Physical DemandsPHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Open Date 08/23/2023
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants
1. In order to be considered for employment, you must meet the minimum specified requirements for that position as described in the vacancy notice.
2. College Transcripts and Professional Certifications that at least meet the minimum requirements specified in the vacancy announcement MUST accompany your application.
3. Student transcript copies are preferred with the application. If you do not have copies, please request them from the institution(s) you attended. Please attach the copies to your application before submission. Official copies will be required only if you are recommended and extended an offer of employment.
4. The employment application MUST be filled out completely in order to be considered for a position. When applying for other positions, please submit a separate application, required for each position.
5. If you do not have access to a computer (home, school or public library), or need assistance, you may come by our office Room 123 of the Allman Center on the Main Campus to complete your online application.
Resumes will not be accepted without a completed Forsyth Tech application.