Musixmatch is the leading Lyrics destination for mobile and connected device featuring the World’s largest and official Lyrics Catalogue. Musixmatch is the preferred partner of +4,000 indies music publishers and Top Music Publishers like Sony ATV, Emi Publishing, Universal Music Publishing, Warner Chappel, Kobalt, Bmg Rights and Harry Fox Agency.
Given the fast-paced market environment and the start-up nature of our business, we are looking for passionate, entrepreneurial, outstanding personalities – continuously striving to make our business better; day-by-day, every day. We are currently recruiting a Head of Content.
As a Head of Content, your objective is to ensure the highest quality of content output by managing the content creators, both the Musixmatch’s Contributors and the Community. Manage and execute the Musixmatch’s content strategy in order to improve quality of the content and increase the overall output. Musixmatch’s community of over 30 Million members with over 60 languages is the key to our lyrics content quality. Each member contributes editing, synching and translating each lyrics with passion and dedication. Musixmatch contributor’s role is to create content and supervise the quality of the community content output.
- Build and grow the contributor’s team by recruiting within the community among our top evangelists and contributors
- Forging strong and trusted direct relationships with key contributors and members of our community, encouraging friendly and constructive interaction across our organization
- Implement processes and procedures to be able to prioritize content creation and verification based on our B2B client’s custom demands
- Identify and implement processes and procedures that will allow to scale and control a pyramidal organization of thousands of community curators and contributors
- Create structured community rules and guidelines
- Track and report on content contribution and gamification KPIs, to ensure high quality of content contribution.
- Ensure the engagement and retention of our core-established community through on-going news, events, rewards and appropriate community activities
- Read and synthesize broad community sentiment and social activity on key topics. Pro-actively inform other departments of potential issues and offer solutions to assist with problems.
- Monitor, understand and interpret current and on-going community, social media trends, opinions, concerns and general topics of conversation
- Ensure the community is informed and engaged with the plans and progress of our products and services
- Assist the product development team in identifying, routing, and escalating community issues related to product
- Work closely with PR and marketing on social marketing content plans and execution, including creative assets and text for social and branding communication
- BA/ BS Degree with 2-5 year’s experience in content and community management prior experience working in a high-growth or start-up company
- Proactive, entrepreneurial and driven work-style Passion & drive for the mobile app eco system
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- High level of interest in the music industry
- Creative thinker with ability to plan and present effective community campaigns internally and externally.
- Strong management and organisation skills - able to manage time / workload and work under pressure to tight deadlines at all levels.Passionate about new digital channels, new trends, new rising areas of online opportunity.
- A calm, focused, results-oriented attitude towards online community management and online communication.
- Be a skilled communicator able to question and listen effectively to build on ideas and resolve issues.
Apply for this position