HR Summer Internship 2024
Location: New York, New York (Hudson Yards HQ)
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
At L’Oréal, Human Resources is an incubator of talent where we find, recruit, and develop brilliant minds around the world. We provide expertise on topics like organizational effectiveness, employee engagement, pay, HR advice, learning & development, well-being, and talent acquisition among others. Come join our dynamic team and help us elevate the employee journey!
What You Will Learn:
- Own an individual project with strategic business impact that you present to senior leaders
- Analyze data, identify root causes, and recommend solutions for HR related business issues
- Experience hands-on HR generalist responsibilities, working with multiple HRIS and reporting systems
- Follow up and solicit feedback from employees on a regular basis with a “customer service” orientation and ability to escalate issues when appropriate
- Engage our teams in sharing best HR practices
- Network and learn about multiple functions (Marketing, Supply Chain, Finance, R&I and Sales)
- Participate in formal and informal training opportunities
What We Are Looking For:
- Minimum Requirements:
- Currently enrolled in a 4-year college or university pursuing a bachelor’s degree with an expected graduation between December 2024 – July 2025
- Able to start working fulltime starting July 2025 upon graduation with your bachelor’s degree
- Legally authorized to work in the US on a fulltime, permanent, and ongoing basis without requiring sponsorship now or in the future
- Willing to relocate to any USA-based office that has a summer internship opportunity, including Northern New Jersey or New York City and have the flexibility to travel between both locations.
- Stand Out Qualifications:
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree with a total GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Available to work the entirety of the 11-week summer internship program in 2024.
- Showcased ability to work in a professional, dynamic environment through previous internship or relevant work experience. This includes part-time work, work study, side-gigs, freelancing, volunteering, summer work, or internships
- Demonstrated leadership ability and interest in HR through your academics, extra-curricular activities, or professional/volunteer work
- Established self-awareness, in terms of understanding your own culture, identity, biases, prejudices, power, privilege and stereotypes
- Strong interest in a career path in HR and learning more about HR generalist responsibilities
- Skills Key to Success in HR:
- Excellent communication skills, effectively working with cross-functional teams
- Takes initiative with sound judgment and decision making skills
- Demonstrates out of the box thinking and pushes boundaries
- Resilient and persistent with an attention to detail
- Ability to multitask, analyze, and solve complex issues in a fast-paced environment
- This is a paid internship opportunity. Housing assistance is provided on an individual basis based on eligibility per our L'Oréal Relocation Policy.
- All interns will be paired with a mentor and a buddy to help guide you through your internship
- Professional development & social programming is an integral part of your internship experience to understand our culture. From networking events to trainings, your calendar will always be full!
- There are many perks to being a summer intern, but two standout ones are access to our company store that has steep discounts on L’Oréal products and our Summer Friday program – every Friday during your internship is a half day!
- Our summer internship is the primary path for consideration into L’Oréal’s full-time HR Management Trainee Program upon graduation and is based on overall performance
Salary Range: $22-$26.50
Being a member of the L’Oréal USA Summer Internship Program, you will feel empowered to contribute in tangible, meaningful ways from day one because in an organization founded on entrepreneurism and agility, your ideas are not only heard and valued, but they are often put into implementation, too. As the #1 Beauty Tech company in the world with over 35 international brands – CeraVe, Kiehl’s, Maybelline, and Urban Decay to name just a few – we embrace diversity and inclusion, sustainability, innovation, and well-being in the workplace to lay the groundwork for you to be able to accomplish great things. You can explore our internship program and hear directly from our past interns at lorealoncampus.com.
Freedom to go beyond, that’s the beauty of L’Oréal - Are you ready?
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.
Read Full Description