2024 L’Oréal USA Summer Internship Program – Finance – Undergraduate
At L'Oréal, whether you are an intern, manager, or senior leader, the most valuable asset we have is you. Your unique sense of curiosity, creative mindset, and desire to innovate are what we expect you to bring with you every day.
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
At L’Oréal, our Finance teams turn data into insights and risk analysis into solutions while ensuring the Group’s financial performance is top notch. We have a diverse range of expertise at L'Oréal Finance, including Financial Planning & Controlling, Internal Audit, Mergers and Acquisitions, Treasury, Tax and Consolidation. We bring numbers to life! Come join our dynamic team!
What You Will Learn:
- Dive into the world of finance through day-to-day tasks like category analysis, process improvement, systems enhancement, and more
- Generate and analyze financial data using a variety of systems to recommend profitable business strategies for L’Oréal brands
- Monitor actual business results vs. budgets, trends, and forecasts
- Evaluate the ROI of strategic business decisions to effectively manage brand Profit & Loss statements
- Provide financial support across functions like Marketing, Sales, Operations, and Manufacturing
- Own an individual project and/or group project with strategic business impact that you present to senior leaders
What We Are Looking For:
- Minimum Requirements:
- Currently enrolled in a 4-year college or university pursuing a bachelor’s degree with an expected graduation between December 2024 – July 2025.
- Able to start working fulltime starting July 2025 upon graduation with your bachelor’s degree
- Legally authorized to work in the US on a fulltime, permanent, and ongoing basis without requiring sponsorship now or in the future
- Willing to relocate to any USA-based office that has a summer internship opportunity, including Northern New Jersey or New York City and have the flexibility to travel between both locations.
- Stand Out Qualifications:
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics with a total GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Available to work the entirety of the 11-week summer internship program in 2024
- Showcased ability to work in a professional, dynamic environment through previous internship or relevant work experience. This includes part-time work, work study, side-gigs, freelancing, volunteering, summer work, or internships
- Demonstrated leadership ability and interest in Finance through your academics, extra-curricular activities, or professional/volunteer work
- Established self-awareness, in terms of understanding your own culture, identity, biases, prejudices, power, privilege and stereotypes
- Skills Key to Success in Finance:
- Strong attention to detail analytically and are result oriented
- Can take initiative and manage projects end-to-end with cross-functional partners
- Ability to tell stories from numbers through data analysis, lifting insights from dashboards, and financial modeling
- Ensure accurate forecasting by building strategic reports
- Accounting knowledge
- Understanding business impact and advising business partners through strong communication skills and building relationships with team members and stakeholders
What's In It For You:
- This is a paid internship opportunity. Housing assistance is provided on an individual basis based on eligibility per our L'Oréal Relocation Policy.
- You will be placed onto a team within one of the three areas of finance:
- Brand or commercial profit and loss (P&L) management and analysis involving interaction with various functional areas such as Marketing, Sales, Operations, and Purchasing
- Overall L’Oréal USA financial consolidation, reporting, and analysis involving interaction with various US divisions and Paris headquarters
- Manufacturing, Supply Chain or Corporate Operations rotation providing financial analysis, consolidation and strategic support for production and distribution in the U.S.
- All interns will be paired with a mentor and a buddy to help guide you through your internship
- Professional development & social programming is an integral part of your internship experience to understand our culture. From networking events to trainings, your calendar will always be full!
- There are many perks to being a summer intern, but two standout ones are access to our company store that has steep discounts on L’Oreal products and our Summer Friday program – every Friday during your internship is a half day!
- Our summer internship is the primary path for consideration into L’Oréal’s full-time Finance Management Trainee Program upon graduation and is based on overall performance
Salary Range: $22-$26.50
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.
Read Full Description