Sensata Technologies is currently seeking a Manager to lead the Product / Program Management Team (PMT) in Sofia, Bulgaria. This individual will be an integral member of our rapidly growing automotive & industrial sensors group. The ideal candidate must possess the ability to execute business plans and strategies through effective planning, strategy development, and operational tactics. The PMT Manager is responsible for attaining target margin performance levels within the core product portfolio and growing revenue and margin through launch of new products.
The company is looking for a strong business / program management professional with an engineering background and a demonstrated track record for program execution, operations management, customer management, and profit improvement. He/she must be a strong talent developer and effective leader for the team of 5-6 direct reports and overall department size of 12-20 in Bulgaria. Additionally, this individual must be able to effectively develop and leverage global teams to drive execution to the committed goals.
The PMT Manager will provide direction for a team of project and product managers, establishing clear goals, strategies, and initiatives and driving the necessary changes to ensure achievement of financial and non-financial metrics. The candidate must be able to guide their team to make decisions that shape the success of highly visible projects by driving the necessary operational performance to meet business commitments. The position offers a great opportunity to work with global teams and to travel globally in a fast-paced, growth oriented, automotive & industrial technology environment.
Success in this position requires good organizational savvy and good team-building and influencing skills with internal teams and external teams. This position requires keen negotiating with internal and external teams to develop a win-win situation for the business and customers. The candidate will also need to exercise good judgment: Strong interpersonal skills are needed to work effectively with all levels within the organization, suppliers, and customers. This role requires someone who is eager to excel in a fast paced environment working on highly complex projects.
Core Responsibilities will include:
- Develop and execute cross functional strategies and goals via quarterly updates and annual planning process
- Evaluate business proposals through cost estimating and discounted cash flow analysis.
- As appropriate, play personal role in framing of major contracts by ensuring commercial terms and pricing strategies is supportive of business (financial and non-financial) objectives
- Work with cross-functional teams, including design engineering, process engineering, marketing, sales, planning, quality assurance, and operations in support of business goals.
- Manage, motivate and develop 5-6 Project/Product Managers locally and remote; align priorities and ensure results
- Manage and ensure discipline to standardized internal processes for execution of new product development and change management
- Optimize and help solving problems in existing production processes.
- Participate in global Change Management (CM) and New Product Development (NPD) project teams to enable successful launch of new products.
- Initiate improvement plans for efficiency, capacity, costs, time and quality of production.
- Keep in contact with other departments on process specifications, quality aspects, product specifications and continuity of equipment.
- Analyze products and implement changes to improve the products and the processes.
- BS in Engineering is required. Masters in Management or an MBA is preferred
- Demonstrated management skills including proven results in managing performance and developing employees
- 10 years of relevant experience in program and/or product/operations management experience in a high-technology environment with experience in financial management
- Working knowledge of business finance (e.g. income statement, balance sheet, cash flow) and business case assessment through discounted cash flow analysis
- Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills in English.
- Familiarity with ISO90001, AIAG requirements and TS16949 quality system requirements is a plus.
Sensata Technologies (NYSE: ST) is one of the world's leading suppliers of sensing, electrical protection, control and power management solutions. We design and manufacture devices that help satisfy the world’s growing need for safety, energy efficiency and a clean environment in global automotive, appliance, aircraft, industrial, military, heavy vehicle, heating, air-conditioning and ventilation, data, telecommunications, recreational vehicle and marine markets.
We are a rapidly growing company with 100 years of history, nearly $3 billion in annual revenues, operations and business centers in 15 countries and more than 19,000 employees worldwide.
We pride ourselves on being a leading global company with strong, local decision making and innovative, complex products that make a real difference. We have a reputation for unwavering integrity and offer global exposure to world-class talent and significant personal growth and development opportunities.
Our employees are the reason we have been successful in the past and the reason we will be successful in the future. Employees’ skills, talents and work ethic have defined the business and will shape our collective future.
Our Vision is to be:
- A world leader and early innovator in mission-critical sensors and electrical protection
- Satisfying the world’s growing need for safety, energy efficiency and a clean environment
- A partner, employer, and neighbor of choice.
NOTE: If you are a current Sensata employee (or one of our Affiliates), please back out of this application and log into Workday via the Company Intranet to apply directly. Type FIND JOBS in the Workday search bar.