At ThirdLove we’re literally breaking the mold on how to help women find their best size and fit online, utilizing our Fit FinderTM questionnaire to diagnose and alleviate bra fit issues for millions of women.
We’re seeking an experienced Data Scientist who can unlock the power of customer data to drive innovation and testing in our size/style recommendation algorithms to take our Fit FinderTM technology to the next level.
In addition to developing size prediction algorithms, Data Scientist will engage in complex customer analysis including discovering patterns of customer behavior and value, campaign performance and marketing results to drive personalization across all customer touch points.
We foster an environment to make things happen, keep you constantly challenged and learn new things everyday.
- Optimize our Fit Finder size and style recommendations in collaboration with business partners in design, planning, and engineering.
- Use established and cutting edge Machine Learning and Advanced Statistical Models to build data science products that power personalized and differentiated customer experiences.
Customer profiles / segmentation:
Evaluate characteristics across multiple dimensions such as demographic, behavioral, and financial.
: Implementing statistical models and machine learning algorithms to optimize for customer and business outcomes at scale.
Building predictive response models to choose best outcomes for marketing and other campaigns.
: Build statistical measurement capabilities to measure incremental impact of new experiences on a wide variety of outcomes.
Provide and support the implementation of business solutions.
Research new techniques and best practices within the industry.
Collaborate with global team: Actively engage with members of the team who are located remotely.
- 5-6 years of experience solving problems using Linear and Non-linear Models, SVMs, Boosting, Neural Networks, Ensemble Methods and applied multivariate statistical methods like Discriminant Analysis, Clustering, PCA and Factor Analysis.
- Proficient in tools such as R, Python, and SAS. Experience with some flavor of SQL and familiarity with Big Data tools such as Hadoop/Hive, Spark, Scala, Pig, and Mahout is desirable.
- Proficient in data access methods for large customer and transaction databases.
- Expertise in developing high quality and reusable data science algorithms supporting a wide variety of customer and business outcomes.
- Experience using Dynamo, Cassandra, Hbase, or other non-relational DB.
- AWS Big Data technology knowledge in EMR, Redshift is a plus.
- MS/PhD, preferably in a quantitative field such as math, statistics, physics, chemistry, engineering, economics, computer science, operations research focused degree.
- Flexibility to interact/work with teams operating in different time zones.
- Thirst for knowledge and natural curiosity.
- Action-oriented - you love to get things done.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
- Outgoing and eager to take on increasing responsibilities.
- Passion for start-ups, ecommerce, and rapid growth a must.
- Extremely flexible and adaptive to changing priorities.
- Comprehensive health benefits
- 401k plan
- Subsidized lunches
- Quarterly product allotment
- Member of AnyPerk, offering many special discounts
- Wellness benefits including in-office massage and chiropractic
ThirdLove is a fast-growing intimates brand designing bras with real women in mind. Instead of using standard industry measurements, we developed proprietary half-cup sizes based on thousands of real women’s measurements. For us, it's not just about the bra — it's about how you feel in it.
We’re a growing team of designers, operations experts, mobile and web engineers, and marketers in San Francisco’s Design District. Through our combined expertise and passion, we strive every day to deliver elegant design and brilliant solutions to difficult-to-solve problems.
Our culture is entrepreneurial and dynamic, with a passionate dedication to creating beautiful products and great user experiences. We are funded by a long list of tier 1 VCs, celebrity angels, and strategic investors. Just a few ThirdLove perks include lunches, fun team outings, a fully stocked organic kitchen, health care, equity and, to top it all off, in-office chiropractic!
Please note before submitting an application: as a company, we take hiring very seriously. Interviewing with ThirdLove may include video and phone interviews, written projects, and/or on-site interviews. Although we are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit.
ThirdLove is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at the company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetics, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.