2020 Cubic Transportation Systems, Inc.
Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We're the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
At Urban Insights we’re changing the way people travel – to work, to school, to wherever they want or need to go, and home again. Come join our team of data experts as we build innovative technologies and leverage the latest data science techniques to tackle transportation’s most pressing challenges. As a global company our work impacts the lives of millions of people around the world in cities like London, New York, Sydney, and many more. Urban Insights is the analytics center of excellence for Cubic Transportation Systems, and we are using data to optimize transit networks, reduce road congestion, improve the travel experience, and minimize each city’s carbon footprint.
You will collaborate with a diverse group of talented professionals who are as passionate about their work as you are, and are committed to delivering only the highest quality solutions. We are an agile team and this means you’re empowered to deliver the best results, have the opportunity to influence all aspects of the business, and know that each contribution you make is significant. In an industry where Cubic is a world leader, we’re driving a paradigm shift in how transportation services are planned, delivered, and consumed to better meet the needs of an increasing and ever-more concentrated urban population. Don’t take a backseat. Join Urban Insights and be instrumental in driving the future of travel.
This position works under general supervision and direction. Incumbents will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
We are currently looking to bring another committed innovator onto our team to help deliver a highly scalable analytics solution that will serve hundreds of organizations across the globe.
- Develop Ansible playbooks.
- Develop and update scripts written in Bash and Python.
- Integrate analytics tools like Ambari, Hadoop, Pentaho, Kafka, Hive, Greenplum, etc.
- Put in place management and support tools for solutions hosted on Azure.
- Application tuning and tooling.
- Develop automated testing tools and related QA processes
- Gather and interpret customer business needs via interviews, business process analysis, surveys, site visits, use cases, task and workflow analysis, scenario planning, and by conducting workshops to elaborate requirements/specifications
- Identify solution options and assess suitability on both technical and business dimensions
What you bring to the party
- You love working with new technologies and words like "fun" and "exciting" often escape your mouth when presented with new technological challenges
- You dislike doing the same things twice. And if the task is repeatable you will automate or script it
- You communicate effectively and frequently, so everyone feels in the loop when working with you
- You understand the need for process and documentation and understand that it’s part of "getting things done"
- You have a desire and aptitude to learn new technologies and strive for continuous improvement
- You’re flexible and comfortable with changing priorities and able to adjust to evolving business objectives
Minimum Job Requirements:
Experience you already have
- 4 year degree or equivalent in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- 3 years of experience in Software Development, Networking or System Administration
- Working proficiency in at least one programming or scripting language and desire to learn new ones
- Substantial experience working on the command line with a ‘nix flavor or equivalent
- Experience scripting and automating deployments and management of IT solutions
- History of building process and repeatability into your work products
Other beneficial experience and knowledge
- Multi-tier website deployment experience
- Git, Bamboo, Jenkins
- CI, CD, other Devops buzzwords
- Azure, AWS
- Systems administration
- Load balancing best practices
- Postgres, Greenplum, Oracle or other RDMS experience.
- Hadoop, MongoDB
- R, Python
- Tableau, Pentaho
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.