3010 Cubic Defense Applications, Inc.
Job Description Summary
Intific is a software developer with the majority of its production development occurring in its Austin, TX studio and business development occurring in the DC area. We've been developing software in Austin since 2007 and in spring of 2014, we merged with Cubic Corporation (CUB) and are now a part of their Global Defense segment, which is a market leader in innovative live, virtual, and game based training solutions.
We value the work-life balance of our employees and have received top workplace honors in the past. Our employees regularly rate their relationships with their co-workers as one of the best aspects of working here and one of the main reasons they stay. Our role within Cubic is to be an innovative force; therefore we want forward thinking, high energy collaborators to join our team. We offer competitive compensation, top tier benefits, and extreme workplace perks (on-site massages, fully stocked kitchen, casual dress environment, to name but a few).
Mission: INTIFIC – BUILD WHAT’S NEXT
Intific empowers people who understand how innovative software can drive revolutionary change. Our world-class team of engineers, developers, scientists, and thinkers embrace visions of the future and collaborate with our customers to bring them to life today. Through the creative disruption of traditional thinking, we inspire and deliver new products that produce significant value. Intific - we build what’s next.
We are looking for a talented artist with a strong background in layout and graphic design with a wide range of art styles for mobile development. You will work closely with the mobile production team on the next generation of mobile websites, apps and other mobile interfaces across multiple platforms. This position requires a highly motivated individual that is self-driven.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (may be required to perform additional job duties):
- Ability to transform words into visual concepts and designs.
- Develop intuitive, usable interaction and visual designs for mobile
- Candidate must demonstrate an advanced level of proficiency in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Ability to create rough sketches to help visually communicate an idea to the team.
- Must have a thorough understanding of mobile app production
- Maintains a comprehensive knowledge of visual trends pertaining to mobile app development
- Translates rough sketches to production-ready format with an eye towards organized layers and objects that other artists can easily extract and manipulate.
- Assist the Art Department in the creation of 2D graphic content ranging from photo manipulation, vector art, user interface design, illustrations, diagrams, and both screen and print-based marketing materials.
- Must be able to render in various styles and thematic directions.
- Work with designers and web developers to implement art assets into the targeted platform.
- Ability to take direction, work within deadlines, switch priorities on a dime, and have an eye for detail.
- Understanding of layout composition
- Enjoys learning new software
- Strong communication skills and a positive attitude
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS (education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities):
Strong art portfolio is required. Two-year college degree in an art related discipline or working towards a degree in an art related field. Minimum 3 years in graphic design for mobile app development. Must possess a master understanding of the 2D applications used on a daily basis and good understanding of art pipelines and production workflows. Should have strong traditional art skills – drawing, painting, etc. Must have a good understanding of typography, layout and pallette development. A thorough understanding of user-experience for mobile and the web. Must have proficiency using the Adobe Suite. Must be able to prioritize, complete multiple tasks simultaneously and work under tight deadlines. Must communicate effectively, both verbally and in written form. Must be able to take art direction and critiques, as well as work closely with a team. Must be able to obtain a Security Clearance.