Investment Associates work closely with Investment Analysts and Portfolio Managers to research investment ideas, utilizing a fundamental bottoms-up approach to stock selection in a market neutral context. Successful Investment Associates are given greater responsibility, with the ultimate goal of growing into an Investment Analyst Role.
- Conduct differentiated, bottoms-up fundamental analysis of companies, business models, relevant industry metrics and industries, becoming a go-to expert on a sub-sector of companies
- Perform detailed valuation, and construct in-depth company financial models in Excel
- Synthesize, communicate, and present long and short investment ideas to an Investment Analyst and/or Portfolio Manager
- Actively participate in quarterly earnings calls and monitor material news events related to companies under coverage
- Attend industry conferences and management meetings (includes travel)
- Evaluate new coverage opportunities
- Prior investment banking, private equity, long-only and/or sell-side research experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, preferably in finance, economics, engineering and/or computer science
- Passion for fundamental analysis and public markets investing
- Advanced understanding of accounting/financial statements
- Valuation experience and excellent Excel modeling skills
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills, with strong attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Opportunities available in New York, Chicago, San Francisco, London, Houston
Citadel is a global investment firm built around world-class talent, sound risk management, and innovative leading-edge technology. For a quarter of a century, Citadel’s hedge funds have delivered meaningful and measurable results to top-tier investors around the world, including sovereign wealth funds, public institutions, corporate pensions, endowments and foundations.
With an unparalleled ability to identify and execute on great ideas, Citadel’s team of more than 675 investment professionals, operating from offices including Chicago, New York, San Francisco, London, Hong Kong and Shanghai, deploy capital across all major asset classes, in all major financial markets.