Engineer Sr - Software
ACT Santa Barbara, CA
Responsible for full life cycle development of Class I and II medical devices, which includes architectural design, interface design, analysis and simulation, prototyping, design assurance testing, development through production release, and product maintenance. Recognized as technical leader and resource.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Full Lifecycle development of key server side components/connectivity.
- Primary contributor to achieve integration into HIS systems (DICOM, HL7, HIPAA, EMR, etc.) and system communication design and implementation.
- Full lifecycle development of system security.
- Primary contributor to video streaming management
- Design optimization through modeling, simulation and analysis.
- Responsible for Software Design and Development SOP in compliance with relevant governing standards, including verification validation planning and implementation.
- Leader in development optimization through lean and agile methods.
- Co-development with in-house and contract developers in distributed development environment.
- Help manage source code repository, development environment, defect tracking system.
- Provide expert consultation in one or more areas of design, development, and implementation of technical products or systems.
- Recommend alterations to development and design to improve quality of products and/or procedures.
- Support design history file deliverables for assigned projects, adhering to design control procedures.
- Provide Regulatory department technical support for assigned projects as needed.
- Support Marketing and Product Management with technical information to be used for training and marketing of assigned products.
- Support surgeon and distributor customers by training and/or educating on technical aspects of assigned products as needed.
- Report progress and status of assigned projects on a timely basis with emphasis on reporting results to Director of Engineering.
- Some required domestic travel to support customer installation and visit. International travel may be required.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
Minimum of a Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline; MS preferred.
Minimum of 7 years of relevant product development experience is required.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
- Current or former role acting as a lead developer of a large scale multi-layer design including architectural design, implementation and test.
- Extensive experience with Web Services and Client/Server architecture
- Expert level knowledge in networking protocols and security.
- C/C++ object oriented programming.
- Android programming experience.
- Expert in multi-threading design, implementation and management
- Ability to optimize data management (SQL) for robustness and scalability
- Experience with Windows, Unix/Linux, iOS
- Expert skills in debugging, troubleshooting, and system optimization
- Experience with variety of state of the art UI toolsets.
- Well-versed in Unit Test Creation and working with continuous Integration environments
- Experience with, knowledge of and discipline in standard System Development Lifecycle practices including translation of business requirements into a System Design document, Source Code Version Control (Subversion, Git, etc.), and maintenance.
- Experience working in an Agile environment (Scrum, Lean or XP)
- Experience with Test-Driven Development
- Experience conducting and participating in Code Review sessions
- Excellent problem solving skills and strong verbal/written communication skills
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
Knowledge of surgical equipment and instrumentation, hardware deguggers, software development environments and degugging tools, static code analysis, network protocols and hardware interfaces.
Bench top testing and troubleshooting with typical lab equipment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.