Be a key member of the APAC Energy Products Sales and Business development leadership team with responsibility for originating, developing, and closing sales opportunities for Tesla’s energy storage products and systems in the Korean market.
The Country Manager will:
- Lead her/his team to build a portfolio of customer accounts to meet and exceed Tesla’s ambition sales plans in Korea
- Be responsible for ensuring that our product and processes meets Korean compliance, liaising with Tesla’s engineers and accreditation department to gain support or changes as required
- Build and maintain relationships across the landscape of Energy stakeholders in the Korean market, including relevant regulators, legislators, and Energy market authorities.
- Drive a team culture this is highly motivated, focused on sales performance and exceeds Korean customer requirements.
- Place team success above her/his own success
- Coordinate with Tesla Product Management and Business Operations teams to ensure the products and processes Tesla offer to the Korean market meet local requirements and can be delivered efficiently.
- Develop and manage sales forecasting, reporting and planning processes in line with Tesla’s global framework.
- Work with policy, marketing, and communication teams at Tesla to position Tesla for success in Korea
- Work with the Korean Tesla Motors team to continue to build a strong culture in the Korean office
In short, the Country Manager will play a unique role in shaping Tesla Energy’s activity in a highly dynamic and promising market for energy storage. Overall, this is multi-faceted role where performance-focused people leadership, product and market knowledge is expected. Besides a rock-solid work ethic and a strong team oriented personality, members of the Tesla team display creativity, passion, and a desire to break new ground in a constantly shifting technology landscape.
- Demonstrated performance of sales/business development in the Korean Energy / Electricity market with an international company
- Experience in developing sales programs direct to businesses through channel partners and projects.
- Experience launching new energy related business/products in Korea – e.g in the Solar Energy sector.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills in Korean and English with demonstrated ability for highly autonomous operation
- Not encumbered by hierarchy – willing to work across different tasks to get the job done
- Ability to execute many tasks in parallel
- Capability to thrive in a fast growing, lean environment
- Deep passion for changing the way we use energy on the electric grid
- Ability to lead an office in a country separate from where the Head office is based
- Bachelor of economics, engineering
- 10 years minimum relevant work experience in either or both Korean and International company cultures.
- Familiarity with salesforce, MS suite
- Working knowledge of Battery Systems, renewable power, and grid markets
- Fluent in both Korean and English.