Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Managing Consultant - Product Design
Mastercard Labs as a Service is a leading edge global innovation practice, delivering a range of innovation programs which incorporate the best in design thinking and agile development processes. We help customers and partners extend their innovation agenda through the delivery of innovation programs, processes and applications.
Team Purpose – Labs as a Service
• Labs as a Service supports our customers and partners with Innovation and R&D consultation - delivering customized innovation programs, products and support - tailored to meet client-specific business challenges. Labs as a Service is a joint venture alliance between Labs and Advisors
• Labs as a Service will help customers create effective solutions to real problems in a compressed timeframe using cost effective innovative processes
• In this role, you will be a key member of a highly agile team working to build product prototypes and pilots, in collaboration with global brands in commerce
Questions to consider:
• Are you a talented Designer/Developer with a passion for technology development and innovation?
• Do you have a strong track record in rapid prototyping and delivering new and exciting projects, and learning new technologies?
• Have you a passion for product design and technology innovation and have a high energy, can-do attitude and strong sense of ownership /desire to succeed?
• Work with a team of developers and designers to solve real world client challenges through rapid prototyping design sprints and longer term pilots.
• Produce engaging experiences using sketches, storyboards, information architecture blueprints and prototypes to collect feedback and iteratively improve and support the design process.
• Implement creative, useable and compelling visual mockups and prototypes.
• Identify best in class user experience through competitor analysis
• Continuously discover and evaluate new technologies to maximize design & prototyping efficiency.
• Participate/lead workshops with customers to identify requirements and ideate on potential product solutions.
• Developing User Personas to inform product decisions and building user journeys and flows to delineate the steps a user will take to accomplish a variety of tasks at a high level.
• Supporting Product Owner on competitive analysis, product-market fit and understanding market trends and expectations.
All about you
Knowledge / Experience Preferred
• 3-5+ years in a UX Designer role with proven ability to work on own initiative and deliver results.
• An understanding of information architecture for digital applications and a strong visual design sense
• Excellent self-starter who always thinks MVP first with the ability to work in a small, startup-style, agile and fast-paced team.
• A passion for detail and a care for great usability and aesthetics.
• Be experienced in the product development process especially agile & design thinking methodologies.
• Proven experience in one or more prototyping tools (e.g. InVision, Origami, Adobe Experience Design, Proto.io, Justinmind, etc.)
• Solid UX experience for mobile and web with a strong portfolio that demonstrates a wide varied of design artefacts (the wireframes you created, storyboards, user flows, prototypes and your visual designs on web/mobile etc.)
Skills / Abilities (Desired)
• Experience in directing innovation/design workshops with customers.
• Any experience in motion graphic design is a strong plus
• It will be a bonus if you have done UX Research to evaluate competitor products.
• Fluency in business level English/Portuguese (having Spanish would be highly desirable)
• Willingness to travel
Equal Opportunity Employer