OVERALL PURPOSE OF JOB:
Manage client engagements and relationships as a leader in the Legal Business Solutions team. Provide business consulting, process improvement analysis and technology utilization services. Demonstrate expertise in Law Department management and operations and support elite corporate clients via the design and implementation of solutions for short-term and long-term operational improvement and cost savings. Scope new engagements and deploy UnitedLex resources to satisfy client requirements.
Establish and drive a team culture that exemplifies entrepreneurship, collaboration and professional development.
· Contribute to development of the strategic direction and business model for UnitedLex’s Legal Business Solutions practice
· Enhance UnitedLex brand recognition and reputation via market awareness activities, including speaking opportunities, white papers and articles
· Develop new approaches for effective delivery of consulting services to maximize the benefit to UnitedLex and our clients
· Identify opportunities to integrate and leverage breadth of UnitedLex services into delivery of LBS consulting
· Drive development of new business and the expansion of existing client accounts through delivery of impactful solutions and strategic leadership
· Effectively support the development of new business and the expansion of existing client accounts via exemplary service.
· Conceptualize and manage project plans for UnitedLex’s Legal Business Solutions team; design and implement strategies to improve the efficiency of our corporate law department clients.
· Provide leadership on client accounts and manage day-to-day client interactions. Manage the preparation of high quality client deliverables; Ensure client projects are delivered on time and on budget.
· Maintain knowledge of cutting-edge industry tools and trends in matter management, records management, e-billing, document management. Manage the deployment of new technology and process within client organizations. Maintain expertise in, financial management, and outside counsel management.
· Manage and develop Analyst and Manager-level team members; foster an environment of continuous learning and development.
· UnitedLex is committed to preserving the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all the physical and electronic information assets throughout the organization. Consistent with the UnitedLex ISMS policy and the ISO 27001 standard, every employee is responsible for complying with UnitedLex information security policies and reporting all security concerns, weaknesses and breaches.
REQUIREMENTS & COMPETENCIES:
· BA/BS in Finance, Business Analytics, MIS or a related field
· MBA, JD or other relevant advanced degree preferred
· Minimum 8 years’ experience, including at least 2 years’ experience managing engagements for a leading consulting firm in the area of law department operations
· Recognized as an industry leader with a strong market presence
· Strong mastery of process analytics and design, with related operational experience
· Knowledge of law department management best practices and industry trends
· Experience independently managing law department projects from initial scoping through execution
· Tech savvy, with strong knowledge of relevant industry platforms and tools
· Exemplary verbal and written communication skills with the ability and credibility to foster client trust and buy-in
· Highly organized with strong attention to detail and demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing priorities simultaneously
· Team player with proven ability to work collaboratively both internally and externally
· Experience managing and mentoring junior team members
· Willingness to travel up to 50%
Primary Location: United States