Whether the cook in the kitchen is a future Emeril or a toddler helping to make chocolate chip cookies, (licking the spoon), chances are Pampered Chef has a better, faster, and more delicious way of getting things done in the kitchen. We sell our superior quality, innovative collection of prepping, cooking and serving products through a network of over 42,000 direct sales consultants throughout the US, Canada and Germany. Millions of customers use our products every day. Each of our 450 HQ coworkers from product designers, supply chain specialists to ecommerce developers are committed to bringing the best to our customers. And have fun doing it!
Established in 1980 by Doris Christopher, Pampered Chef was acquired by Berkshire Hathaway in 2002, a sure sign of our growth potential. In 2014, Tracy Britt Cool, a key member of Warren Buffett’s team, joined as our CEO to lead our transformation into a progressive, open door, cutting edge workplace. We believe happy coworkers are the best coworkers and are committed to keeping creativity, innovative solutions and customer engagement top of mind. Pampered Chef is pushing the boundaries for our customers, consultants, and coworkers.
MAIN COURSE (Job Responsibilities):
The Logistics Manager will be accountable to effectively manage the Small Parcel, Intermodal, LTL, FTL, and Ocean Freight supporting direct sales customers and operations worldwide. Administers transportation policies to optimize service and minimize cost working closely with the freight suppliers, internal supply chain, shipping, customer service, finance and sales. Identifies and prioritizes logistics needs and communicates recommendations to management in order to achieve efficient product distribution.
- Develops, implements, and monitors all logistics management activities required for the timely and efficient transportation and distribution of products.
- Stay up to date on the transportation and logistics market including fuel prices, capacity and developments.
- Develops comprehensive transportation plans that meet company KPI’s goals with regard to cost and service levels.
- Provides key analysis to support negotiations and budget recommendations.
- Lead when required with rate rationalization, bid and negotiation process with freight vendors.
- Manage financial activities including auditing/approving invoices, developing budgets, re-forecasting on a quarterly basis and explaining variances from budget.
- Monitors customs activities including valuations, duty drawback, CTPAT, and recycling programs and verifies that all requirements as set forth by our freight forwarders and external auditors are being met.
- Conduct in-depth logistical analysis around mode and carrier selection, product placement and sequencing in order to improve service and drive down freight costs.
- Develops and maintains reports used to track shipping trends and take appropriate corrective action when shipping trends deviate from overall transportation plan.
- Develop KPI’s and service requirements for all Freight Forwarders and carriers, to ensure on-time delivery and performance/service goals are met.
- Conduct regular business reviews with carriers and vendors.
- Work with customer service to resolve issues on specific transportation problems and to expedite shipments when necessary.
- Manage Insurance, Letters of Credit, AES Filings, Duty Drawback, customs compliance, product classifications and export documentation
- Manage and develop departmental budget, cost center accounting and reporting.
- Manage daily operations of inbound and outbound information systems to ensure complete Purchase Order visibility to merchandising and distribution staff.
- Maintain reporting for all inbound shipments, and verify Customs and other Government and agency clearances.
- Work with the Distribution Center and compliance to ensure flow and scheduling of product into the DC with adherence to all FTZ regulations.
- Ensure Vendor and Carrier transportation compliance and initiate Chargeback/claims when necessary
KEY INGREDIENTS (Position Requirements):
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution required in logistics, supply chain or related field - Master’s Degree or MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in logistics and distribution with emphasis on small parcel shipments and international freight forwarders. Strong knowledge of import and export regulations.
- Analytical skills such as being able to extract data, organize it in Excel or Access, utilize it to make key business decisions and communicate/present it throughout the organization.
- Acts as a lead contact for resolving transportation issues and concerns for the company with an emphasis on the Solution Center.
- Responsible for insuring the integrity of freight carrier invoices
- Tracks and monitors freight and transportation expenses to ensure costs are not over budget, makes changes to ensure budgets are not exceeded
- Demonstrated knowledge of all Transportation and Shipping processes and tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership & negotiation skills
- Strong analytical, statistical, and problem solving skills
- Promote a positive working environment that enables and encourages teamwork and excellence.
- Strong leadership, communication and organizational skills
- Proficient with MS office applications, in particular Excel and PowerPoint
- Works with vendors, carriers and internal departments to establish consistent processes designed to strengthen relationships and ensure compliance of Pampered Chef policies.
- Ideal candidate will be able to defuse all types of situations that occur. Has strong interpersonal skills, be an excellent communicator and be willing to-do what it takes to get the job done.
DESSERT (The Sweet Rewards of Working at Pampered Chef):
Our core values are respect, humility, accountability, meritocracy, integrity, authenticity, passion, and innovation (in no particular order!). We embody those values in our work, but also in the great desserts we offer to our coworkers.
- Each and every coworker makes a difference every day by asking tough questions, finding the answers, and then making it happen—our entrepreneurial employees are the key to our success! Pampered Chef is big enough to implement cutting-edge technology, and small enough for all ideas to be heard and challenged.
- We are a learning focused environment—we want you to learn from us, and we expect to learn from you and what you’re passionate about! We even provide training and development for added brainpower.
- We get to mix it up! PC has offices in Addison and in downtown Chicago. Some of our roles will have the opportunity to work in the Chicago office full time, part time, or on occasion.
- We collaborate every day in a high-tech space with writable walls, open collaboration zones, quiet “I need to contemplate” zones, and fun zones with ping pong, basketball, and bags, of course. No boring cubicle farms here!
- We are concerned about your physical and financial well-being and offer BC/BS PPO or HMO health plans, dental, disability, matched 401K, life insurance, on-site fitness center, comfy chairs, on-site cafeteria, and dry cleaning valet service.
- Most importantly, Pampered Chef has a strong, proven history of bringing fun to cooking, creativity to recipes, and sharing to family and friends around the table.