Mobility ManagementRequisition Number:
United States-Kentucky-LouisvilleAssignment Category:
Full-time regularExperience Level:
Mid levelEducation Required Level:
Bachelor's DegreeTravel Required:
Siemens Mobility Division
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/mobility.htmJob Description:
Siemens Rail Automation
Rail Automation supplies railway markets the world over with solutions and turnkey installations for railway automation and telecommunication.
Our customers are infrastructure operators and mainline railways all around the world as well as industrial railways and public transport authorities in cities and megacities.
Our products and systems are used for automating our customers' operations management processes and thus make a considerable contribution to improving their economic situation in particular and mobility in general.
We are looking for the best talent to shape the technology of the future. Come build your career in one of the best companies in the world!
The Product Consultant (PC) oversees the lifecycle of a specific product line within North America. Responsibilities include competitive intelligence, product roadmap development, product requirements definition, interface with R&D, new product introduction, marketing, profitability analysis, customer support and customer issues resolution. The PC is the internal/external focal point for its product line for all customers, engineering, R&D, sales, operations and quality. Follows technology development anticipating impact to the product line and identifying opportunity to incorporate in the respective products/product lines. Directs the development of new market requirements for specific product (s) or product line (s), including product strategy definition, requirements analysis and definition, pricing strategy, obsolescence management, and pricing for North America. Becomes the face of the company in industry groups, standard and government organizations that can influence the product line/s.
•Responsible for the development of local business plans, assesses market penetration, and product positioning to drive competitive advantage, revenue and market share.
•Consults, supports and provide product line information to Global PLM
•Leads new product definition for the local markets, establishing pricing strategies and developing marketing tools for successful product introduction and market growth.
•Communicates customer feedback to engineering, manufacturing and sales to enhance existing products (s) or product line (s).
• Directs the development of specific products/ product lines, including current and future local product strategy, definition, market positioning, requirements analysis, and pricing.
• Leads the planning and execution of sales and marketing strategies for a particular product line including market analysis, forecast, strategic pricing reviews and related action plans to ensure product profitability.
• Manages product life cycles, including new product development and product roll out.
• Drives product innovation to create product differentiation, increase market position and generate additional revenue.
• Coordinates with internal customers in regard to product costing, bid proposals, product quality issues, delivery and scheduling to ensure customer needs are understood and that Siemens strategically and tactically responds to them.
• Communicates with internal and external customers on product development, product enhancement and product delivery.
• Maintains knowledge of current market trends. Conducts research on future needs, market analyses of competitor’s products and pricing, and synthesize customer requests. Defines and proposes new product opportunities to senior management for consideration.
• Drives revenue growth by proactively communicating with customers to determine what new projects may be available to insure that Siemens is positioned to increase revenue with these customers.
• Works with R&D and EM Engineering to evaluate problems and determine solutions for product issues as well as enhancements.
• Structures supplier agreements with Supply Chain and Contracts Administration and then communicates terms and conditions of agreements with the suppliers.
• Defines customer requirements and specifications for new products and current product enhancements.
• Develops business case and defines value proposition for new product development proposals
• Participates as subject matter expert in customer meetings supporting the introducing new products, delivering detailed technical presentation and driving the resolution of customer concerns
• Develops all Product Information and Customer Service Bulletins
• Identifies potential acquisition targets and joint ventures.
• Participates in standard committee meetings, representing Siemens’ interests
• Attends trade shows and demonstrates new products.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Responsible for overall success of function within multi-departments and/or cross-functional areas. Education BS/BA in related discipline or advanced degree, where required. Certification may be required in some areas.
Demonstrates and applies advanced knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures for area managed and expert knowledge of other areas in the company and how they interact. Demonstrates advanced understanding and application of management approaches for work direction, motivation, and performance management.
5-8 years of hands on successful experience in directly related product line and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.