Time Type: Full time
Worker Type: Employee
At QBE, our purpose is to give people the confidence to achieve their ambitions inside and outside of work. From development opportunities, to flexible work options and highly competitive reward and benefits packages, we understand the importance of living our values when it comes to our people. Everything we do at QBE is underpinned by our company’s cultural elements – because we know it's not just what we do that matters, it's how we do it that makes the difference.
This opportunity is accountable for leading QBE Re's Reinsurance Claims team in developing best practices, driving optimal outcomes, and ensuring timely and accurate reserves on claims across the division. Inspiring and developing individuals to fulfill their potential and delivering a first-class service to internal and external customers.
- Responsible for setting best practices and ensuring they are followed across all Underwriting units for assigned line/s of business or region
- Drive deep levels of collaboration across the entire Claims business unit along with all operating units across the division to include: Underwriting, Actuary, Finance, Legal and Risk
- Drive innovation of claims processes by identifying opportunities for continuous improvement to ensure team performance meets business expectations, increases profit and satisfies customers
- Ensure correct, cohesive and efficient customer solutions by collaborating and supporting team in decision-making to foster partnered approach to claims undertakings
- Establish a personal, empathetic connection with customers by providing comprehensive communication to ensure thorough understanding of available claims deliverables
- Lead development of claims operating policies by building relationships, sharing knowledge and addressing business issues with key internal and external stakeholders to recommend positive modifications to department operations and projects
- Ensure team operates efficiently and effectively by managing and monitoring claims-related finances to control costs, adhere to business and industry standards and implement industry best practices
- Collaborate with Claims leadership on strategies, key performance indicators, budgets and process improvement initiatives
- Lead the oversight of third party administrators handling and accountability to other internal stakeholders with that coordination
- Drive appropriate and optimal claims at transactional and aggregate levels through our claim handling vendor
- Provide recommendations to internal stakeholders on business impact by analyzing internal and external trends and identifying risks
- Direct thorough investigation of submitted claims by supporting team to ensure all work is accurate, correct, and handled appropriately to comply with budgetary constraints and requirements
- Manage budgeted resources by anticipating expenditures, accurately forecasting resource needs/costs and properly accounting for expenses to meet requirements and achieve fiscal responsibility
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience Required Experience
- 10+ years relevant experience
- Generate original, innovative solutions to difficult or unusual situations
- Identify and locate information and facts which are necessary and relevant for the purposes of evaluating a claim
- Financial and business acumen and awareness of financial responsibility •Quickly change direction when working on multiple projects or issues
- Guide team to properly document investigation findings and preserve evidence in accordance with internal and external laws and procedures
- Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Assume a methodical approach to a given situation and develop a systematic procedure as a response
- Develop effective negotiation strategies and prepare a plan of action
- Build and capitalize on beneficial internal and external relationships including competitors
- Coach and encourage employees towards continuously improving performance and mentor team with feedback, on-the-job skill enhancement opportunities and career advice
- Establish constructive and cooperative working relationships and open lines of communication
- Utilize effective communication skills to influence and persuade decision makers
- Identify and appreciate the broad perspective and how it relates to smaller details
- Utilize motivational, inspirational and enthusiastic approach to leading team
- Experience leading an insurance claims Function
- experience managing or leading others
- increasing levels of responsibility
- Advanced working knowledge of current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology and
information affecting the business and organization; knows how the business works
- Advanced working knowledge of relevant claims legal and technical knowledge for all US jurisdictions
- Advanced working knowledge of insurance policy and contract language
- Advanced working knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique and coordination of people and resources.
QBE Cultural DNA
Everything we do at QBE is underpinned by our DNA (which interlinks seven cultural elements) – because we know it's not just what we do that matters, it's how we do it that makes the difference. We expect all employees to role model and inspire the right behaviors that link to our cultural elements:
- We are customer-focused
- We are technical experts
- We are inclusive
- We are fast-paced
- We are courageous
- We are accountable
- We are a team
All employees are expected to adhere to QBE’s Code of Ethics and Conduct and apply sound risk management practices US.
US Only - Travel Frequency
- Occasional (approximately 10 plus trips annually)
US Only - Physical Demands
- General office jobs: Work is generally performed in an office environment in which there is not substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions. Must have the ability to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time. Must be able to operate basic office equipment including telephone, headset and computer. Incumbent must be able to lift basic office equipment up to 20 lbs.
US Only - Disclaimer
- To successfully perform this job, the individual must be able to perform each essential job responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
- The duties listed in this job description do not limit the assignment of work. They are not to be construed as a complete list of the duties normally to be performed in the position or those occasionally assigned outside an employee’s normal duties. Our Group Code of Ethics and Conduct addresses the responsibilities we all have at QBE to our company, to each other and to our customers, suppliers, communities and governments. It provides clear guidance to help us to make good judgement calls.
Base pay offered will vary depending on, but not limited to education, experience, skills, geographic location and business needs.
Annual Salary Range: $143,000 - $215,000
AL, AR, AZ, Fresno, CA, CO (Remote), FL, GA, IA, ID, IL (Remote), IN, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NV, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WI, WV and WY
Annual Salary Range: $157,000 - $237,000
CA (Remote, Irvine and Woodland), Greenwood Village CO, CT, Chicago IL, MA, MD, NY (Remote), RI, Houston TX and WA
Annual Salary Range: $179,000 - $269,000
San Francisco CA, NJ and New York City NY
You are more than your work – and QBE is more than a workplace, which is why QBE provides you with the benefits, support and flexibility to help you concentrate on living your best life personally and professionally. Employees scheduled over 30 hours a week will have access to comprehensive medical, dental, vision and wellbeing benefits that enable you to take care of your health.
We also offer a competitive 401(k) contribution and a paid-time off program. In addition, our paid-family and care-giver leaves are available to support our employees and their families. Regular full-time and part-time employees will also be eligible for QBE’s annual discretionary bonus plan based on business and individual performance.
QBE recognizes that exemplary benefits extend beyond benefits coverage and compensation. Flexibility in your working environment is important to maintaining balance and QBE is dedicated to ensuring employees achieve personal and professional integration by providing the opportunity for hybrid work arrangements.
How to Apply:
To submit your application, click "Apply" and follow the step by step process.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
QBE is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction it operates.
Read Full Description