- Supervises, monitors, and inspects field revitalization, major renovations, mechanical equipment replacements, and/or construction and maintenance projects at Baltimore City Public Schools.
- Oversees federal and state grant projects including the Aging School Program, Qualified Zone Academy Bond (QZAB), Federal School Renovation Grant, Capital Improvement Projects (CIP), Recycled Tire Rubber, Playground Renovation projects and/or locally funded improvement initiatives as assigned.
- Meets with school personnel to assess needs and scope of projects.
- Prepares and reviews contract drawings and creates specifications. May consult with engineers, architects, electricians and Fire Department personnel in the course of preparing drawings and specifications to insure compliance with building codes.
- Prepares cost estimates and determines length of time necessary to complete projects.
- Meets with contractors about nature and requirements of project. Consults regularly with contractors during course of project to insure compliance with specifications and drawings and departmental standards. Recommends corrective action as necessary.
- Inspects the work of contractors to insure compliance with plans, specifications, BOCA, fire safety codes and technical content.
- Schedules and conducts progress meetings. Maintains financial and progress records and prepares project status reports.
- Recommends approval/disapproval of proposals, invoices, change orders, and time extensions.
- Investigates construction requests and building problems.
- Provides technical reports, site analyses, and space analyses, and makes recommendations for course of corrective action.
- Reads, reviews, and interprets as-built drawings, construction drawings, plans, specifications and contracts.
- May provide guidance to support staff.
- Performs and promotes all activities in compliance with equal employment and nondiscrimination policies; follows federal laws, state laws, school boards policies and the professional standards.
Maximum Salary 36.00
Minimum Salary 28.71
- Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a GED certificate
- Five years (5) experience overseeing building construction and maintenance work including experience in preparation of plans, specifications, and cost estimates
- Valid non-commercial class C driver¿s license
- Experience in computer software used in construction project management, building design and / or construction administration preferred
- Skill in the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of building renovation or HVAC renovation, installation, construction, and maintenance methods and materials
- Knowledge of contract administration
- Knowledge of building codes and inspection methods and the ability to recognize and ensure correction of deviations
- Ability to prepare project plans and specifications and cost estimates and to evaluate requests for renovation, repair/replacement, and maintenance work
- Ability to lead and oversee the work of others and provide input to performance evaluation process.
- Will evaluate personnel and recommend progressive disciplinary action
- Ability to prepare and write reports
- Ability to interpret contract procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively with others both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to manage multiple programs
- Other equivalent combination of applicable education, training and experience that provides the knowledge, abilities and skills necessary to perform effectively in the position may be considered.
Full time or Part time Full time
Qualified candidates for the above position must submit the following:
- Completed online application
- Resume that clearly demonstrates the above minimum qualifications. It is important that you include all experiences and education related to the position to which you are applying.
- Upload copies of all transcripts -undergraduate, graduate if applicable
- Must provide three (3) professional references to include: name, title, business address, e-mail address and phone number
- All documentation/certification necessary (scanned copies accepted) to substantiate minimum qualifications; must be uploaded into application
Benefits -- This position is eligible for benefits. To review the available options please see the information relevant to the union for this position by viewing the following link: http://www.baltimorecityschools.org
Baltimore City Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry or national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or age in its employment, programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts of America and other designated youth groups. For inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies, please contact Equal Opportunity Manager, Title IX Coordinator Equal Employment Opportunity and Title IX Compliance Office 200 E. North Avenue, Room 208 Baltimore, MD 21202; 410-396-8542 (phone); 410-396-2955 (fax).
This position is affiliated with the City Union of Baltimore (CUB) bargaining unit.
The position is affiliated with the City Retirement Plan.
Read Full Description