We’re looking for a backend engineer to join our team in London. You’ll have a track record of solving difficult engineering problems across all parts of the business. You should be as at home performing regressions across complex cohort models as building and designing APIs for our front-end team.
You’ll work as part of a talented team responsible for innovation with the freedom to research and implement solutions using cutting-edge technologies. We spend our time split between working with PHP (Symfony2, Magento, Laravel and Lumen) and Python (particularly the ERP system Odoo). Prior experience with these technologies would be ideal, but we’ll also consider candidates with all strong programming backgrounds that want a new challenge. We’re a small, dynamic, language agnostic team that’s looking to revolutionise a $100 billion industry.
NOTE: Unfortunately we are unable to sponsor candidates from outside the EU for this role
- Developing solutions for key business issues in relation to demand prediction, LTV modelling and cohort analysis
- Helping us scale traffic and revenue, and improve business processes through innovative use of technology
- Contributing ideas on how to solve the complex issues that the team face
- Building scalable solutions capable of quickly processing large amounts of data
- Deploying production systems on Amazon EC2
- You are capable of building web applications using LAMP architecture. This will require knowledge of PHP5+ & OOP, and MySQL5 and its surrounding technologies.
- You have API experience, including integration and API design
- You understand server-side MVC frameworks (Synfony2 / Laravel)
- You can develop applications in Python
- You are able to dig deep into business requirements and having a sense of ownership over your work
- You have a desire to learn and share new practices
You’re a really nice personYou'll score bonus points if:
- You understand Open Source technologies and are an active participant in the Open Source community
- You have a broad interest and knowledge of other programming languages, including Python and Ruby