Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
HVAC Technician - Chillers [Secret Clearance]
PAE is currently seeking a HVAC Technician to support the US Department of State and will be stationed at Kabul, Afghanistan. The candidate will work on construction and maintenance sites including exposure to the dangers inherent with such sites.
The HVAC Technician will:
- Provide a full range of HVAC Services to the embassy and all satellite sites under the direction of the AEK HVAC Supervisor including repair of environmental-control systems using knowledge of refrigeration theory, pipefitting, structural layout, and troubleshooting.
- Mount compressor, condenser units and air handlers using hand tools following blueprint, engineering specifications and manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Ability to use sheet metal hand tools and shop fabrication equipment.
- Measure, cut and assemble PVC and copper tubing and fittings, including braze/solder copper/copper, copper/brass, and copper/steel.
- Connect blower motors (1/4-70hp), compressors, temperature controls, humidity controls, and connect control panels to power source.
- Replace defective breaker controls, contactors, thermostats, switches, fuses and electrical wiring to repair installed units using electrician’s hand tools.
- Install, repair, maintain and service air conditioners, including filters.
- Install, maintain and repair of HVAC piping systems and line sets.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Be on-call 24/7 and willing to quickly respond to all HVAC critical issues.
- Periodic travel with extended overnight stays may be required while working on projects at the Consulate in Herat and other locations in Afghanistan. Percentage of travel will vary significantly but on average is expected to be less than 10% of the total time.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. PAE’s hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster