The Senior Unix Systems Engineer reports to the Worldwide Manager of Platform Services and is responsible for the design, implementation and optimization of Logitech’s internal and external datacenter infrastructure and services hosting in public clouds. He/she will apply expert knowledge and skills to deliver a stable, scalable, flexible, and secure infrastructure for Logitech’s internal and external user community.
Move fast. Speak up. Decide and own. Drive change. Exceed customer needs. These are some of the winning behaviors you’ll need for success at Logitech. In this role you will:
● Design, maintain, and optimize existing and new Unix/Linux systems across Logitech’s global on-premise/datacenter and cloud networks.
● Manage security updates, upgrades and version releases to ensure service stability and security. This includes working with vendors such as Oracle.
● Maintain, deploy and migrate services onto public clouds such as AWS, GCP and Azure.
● Identify, recommend and implement hardware upgrades and coordinate installation activities.
● Manage and configure the monitoring of systems and applications.
● Analyze performance bottlenecks on systems and applications and provide solutions to team, management, and internal customers. Develop and effectively communicate plans for remediation and improvement
● Implement and maintain security, backup and disaster recovery strategies for OS and databases
For consideration, you must bring the following minimum skills and behaviors to our team:
● Demonstrated expertise managing Linux-based systems and services at scale, including experience hardening high-value systems against attackers.
● Comfortable with several flavors of Linux, including RHEL, Ubuntu, Debian, Oracle Linux.
● Experience coordinating multi-system and computing environments in remote computing facilities.
● Experience managing systems via an automated configuration management system such as Chef or Puppet.
● Expert level SAN and multipath software and OS configuration experience.
● Demonstrated expertise working effectively in a shared software development environment, including version control, bug tracking, release management, and code review (Git/Github/Gitlab).
● Experience in programming and software design skills, including experience with Perl, Python, Ruby, Java, C, C++. Demonstrated expertise is required in at least two of those languages.
● Experience (5+ years) with automating processes and deployments using scripting (bash, python, perl, etc.)
● Experience in setting up Amazon environments, including Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Elastic Load Balancing and Auto Scaling.
● Multi-regional VMWare experience, ESX re/deployments, upgrades.
● Oracle RAC, Exadata, Exalytics, Exalogic/OVM experience
● Extensive experience in using AWS tools and technologies such as such as Amazon CloudWatch, tagging, and Trusted Advisor; monitor the health of EC2 environment, AWS services and customized applications.
● Experience in design and implementation for AWS/GCP infrastructure with abstraction frameworks such as ElasticBeanstalk, AppEngine, Heroku, Terraform, etc.
● Proven ability to lead as well as work independently on large/complex system deployment projects in a team environment.
● Proven ability to develop appropriate plans to meet computing needs.
● Advanced knowledge of security trends and best practices.
In addition, preferable skills and behaviors include:
● Cybersecurity expertise, including creating and adhering to IT Security Plans, web hosting issues, incident response, and RCA.
● Intermediate-level experience with Microsoft systems and integrating heterogeneous environments.
● Experience managing multiple petabytes of data Database Administration, installation, upgrade and maintenance (Oracle, Postgres, Hadoop, etc.).
● Experience with monitoring tools such as Nagios, Cacti and Ganglia .
● Scripting experience such as shell and python.
● Experience creating and managing native OS packages.
● Self-motivated and able to work effectively in a team environment. Ability to set and accomplish goals, meet deadlines, and deliver high quality infrastructure with limited management oversight.
● Strong problem-solving and analytical skills; the demonstrated ability to approach complex problems logically and systematically. Makes use of independent research and self-directed learning to solve operational issues and implementation obstacles.
● Strong written and verbal skills.
● B.S./B.A. with at least 8 years experience that demonstrate technical, communication and development skills or additional experience in lieu of degree.
Small Company. Big Products.
At Logitech we act like a small company. We believe that anyone can have the best idea. We are innovators, creators and designers. We challenge ourselves and each other, and believe that success is never final. We push the limit, because great is not good enough. We inspire, delight and empower the world. We are Logitech