Data Scientist, Personalization and Recommendation
We are seeking a veteran Data Scientist, well-versed in data analysis and algorithm implementation, ready to be let loose on Tumblr’s many terabytes of data.
What you’ll do:
- Apply data mining and machine learning techniques to develop better personalization, recommendation and content discovery.
- Define metrics, conduct A/B testing, and oversee statistical measurement of new algorithms and approaches.
- Design and develop effective models, features, and algorithms involving user activities and interests, blogs and posts, social graphs, etc.
- Use MapReduce frameworks to generate production data for various recommendation and discovery features.
What we’re looking for:
- A strong passion for empirical research with massive data.
- Experience of solving real problems with data mining and machine learning techniques.
- Experience of large datasets analysis with map-reduce stack such as Hive, Scalding, Spark.
- Familiarity with Linux-based systems.
Tools We Like: