Classy, an affiliate of GoFundMe, is a Public Benefit Corporation and giving platform that enables nonprofits to connect supporters with the causes they care about. Classy's platform provides powerful and intuitive fundraising tools to convert and retain donors. Since 2011, Classy has helped nonprofits mobilize and empower the world for good by helping them raise over $5 billion. Classy also hosts the Collaborative conference and the Classy Awards to spotlight the innovative work nonprofits are implementing around the globe. For more information, visit www.classy.org.
About the role:
Classy's Product Technology team is hiring a Senior Software Engineer to build and extend Classy's Identity and Access Management platform. The ideal candidate will combine solid engineering expertise with product aptitude, is driven by exciting technical challenges that come with scale, and thrives in a fast-paced, iterative, and collaborative environment. They will also be working with offshore teams on a daily basis. We want to talk to you if you are familiar with the IAM space and unfazed by the idea of refactoring and improving our existing systems to make them more robust, maintainable, and scalable.
What you’ll accomplish:
- Work with a team of talented engineers to build out Classy’s IAM platform.
- Provide technical leadership and strategic direction for Federated Single Sign On using industry protocols such as SAML, OAuth, OpenID Connect, etc.
- Provide input into architectural design of IAM systems and complete the IAM's product roadmap
- Ensure the maintenance, patching, operating, and monitoring of IAM systems.
- Analyze, design, and develop software that delivers clean, maintainable code within a large and established code base.
- Contribute to a microservice based evolution of the technical infrastructure.
- Learn and grow your skills by working collaboratively with experienced and engaged developers to design new features and re-architect existing ones.
- Within an Agile environment, work as part of a Scrum team and develop web-based software solutions.
- Work with the offshore development team on a daily basis.
- Coordinate other offshore team projects.
- Travel might be required on a quarterly basis to our offshore location.
What you bring (Required):
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience with server-side, web-based technologies with a strong focus on backend development.
- Experience working with remote and offshore teams.
- Experience crafting and implementing identity and access management solutions.
- Experience with the implementation and integration of SSO and MFA technologies from both a workforce (internal) and client perspective, preferably with Okta.
- Experience in current security standards and protocols, including but not limited to SSO, MFA, SAML, OAuth / OIDC and SCIM.
- Ability to produce detailed IAM documentation and process flows.
- Strong experience in analyzing logs and identifying problems with authentication and authorization
- Proficient with microservice architecture with a deep understanding of strengths and pitfalls.
- Deep experience with code versioning tools (GIT/Bitbucket).
What would be awesome to have (Preferred):
- Experience with OKTA.
- Experience with refactoring complex architecture to microservice patterns
- Experience with frontend technologies and frameworks such as ReactJS.
- Experience with PHP.
- Experience with scaling Node.js services.
- Experience with scaling databases and optimizing queries.
- Familiarity with Docker, AWS (EC2, ECS, SQS, SNS).
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
Why you’ll love it here:
- Market competitive pay
- Rich healthcare benefits including employer paid premiums for medical/dental/vision (100% for employee only plans and 85% for employee + dependent plans) and employer HSA contributions.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Hybrid workplace with fully remote flexibility for many roles
- Monetary support for new hire setup, hybrid work & wellbeing, family planning, and commuting expenses
- A variety of mental and wellness programs to support employees
- Generous paid parental leave and family planning stipend
- Supportive time off policies including vacation, sick/mental health days, volunteer days, company holidays, and a floating holiday
- Learning & development and recognition programs
- Gives Back Program where employees can nominate a fundraiser every month for a donation from the company
- Inclusion, diversity, equity, and belonging are vital to our priorities and we continue to evolve our strategy to ensure DEI is embedded in all processes and programs at GoFundMe. Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- Employee resource groups
- Your work has a real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: consider everything, do the right thing, spread empathy, delight the customer, and give back.
- We are a certified Great Place to Work, are growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
- Our commitment to Sustainability. Classy exists to create a sustainable world for all.
Dedication to Diversity
Classy is working toward building a more diverse and inclusive environment that is representative of individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and lifestyles, allowing all employees to feel comfortable being their true, authentic selves in a space that enables productivity and meaningful work.
The total annual salary for this full-time position is $130,000 - $175,000 + equity + benefits. As this is a remote position, the salary range was determined by role, level, and possible location across the US. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range based on your location during the hiring process.
Read Full Description