Build the future of data. Join the Snowflake team.
The Network Engineer will be tasked with delivering global, high value Network services across the company. As a network engineer you must be able to design, deliver & operate network infrastructure at new offices by using multiple technologies and coordinating with various teams inside and outside of Snowflake.
MUST HAVE SKILLS :
- Campus LAN Routing & Switching (Cisco Catalyst Series)
- NGFW & VPN Technologies (Palo Alto, Panorama, Global Protect, Zscaler)
- Wireless LAN (Aruba Central, Airwave, Ekahau)
- Cloud Network Infrastructure Administration (Azure, AWS)
GOOD TO KNOW SKILLS :
- Coding/Scripting (Ansible, Python, Terraform, NetBox)
- DNS, DHCP & IPAM (DDI)
- Provision Network infrastructure at new sites by Designing, Installing & Configuring various network devices like Switches, Firewalls, Wireless & ISP circuits.
- Liaison with Low-voltage vendors, ISP, Workplace Services and other teams throughout the site build process to deliver the Network infrastructure.
- Create and maintain network standards for LAN, WAN, WLAN and AWS/Azure cloud network infrastructure
- Troubleshoot and resolve incidents assigned to Network queue by Service Desk, users & monitoring systems on-premises & cloud environments
- Implement routine changes such as OS upgrades, routing, ACL/Firewall rule updates and other changes for ongoing projects
- Identify automation opportunities and automate regular network functions via code
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
Read Full Description
- 7+ years’ experience in information technology, with at 5+ years of experience working within global IT Network domain dedicatedly
- Hands-on prior experience with building network infrastructure at new sites is a must
- Engineering & design level expertise in Palo Alto Networks Firewalls/Panorama/GP, Aruba Wireless Controllers and Cisco Cat switches
- Proven experience in design, planning and implementation of network solutions in AWS/Azure
- Deep understanding of Routing/Switching protocols, Wireless & NGFW technologies
- Experience with centralized network performance monitoring and management tools
- Well versed with ITSM framework and ability to operate effectively in a fast paced environment
- Experience in implementation of automation frameworks leveraging one or more of the following – Ansible, Python, Terraform
- Must be able to travel for short durations for site builds and able to join meetings for troubleshooting calls off-hours