At Gensler, we design for people. We leverage our global perspective and local presence to innovate at every scale. We’re not just designers. We’re tinkerers, craftspeople, visionaries, innovators and thought leaders . Fueled by passion and entrepreneurial spirit, our people bring new ideas to solve challenging problems. Whether you’re into sketching new ideas, hacking a building or growing client relationships in global markets, there’s something here for everyone.
Our depth of expertise spans disciplines—from aviation and transportation to education, hospitality, retail, technology and more. At our core we embody an entrepreneurial spirit, always looking ahead for new ways to innovate and add to our clients' success. We share the belief that design has the power to transform organizations and change lives; whether we’re refreshing a retailer’s brand, planning a new urban district or designing a super tall building.
Our work reflects an enduring commitment to sustainability, and we believe that a diversity of voices and cultures is one of the most powerful strategic tools for securing lasting competitive advantage.
As the world’s largest design firm, Gensler has a unique obligation and opportunity to focus on sustainability in the built environment. We deepened our commitment to combat the impact on climate change in the built environment when we launched Gensler Cities Climate Challenge (GC3) in 2019. This is our pledge to meet an ambitious goal: the elimination of all greenhouse gases from our work by 2030.
As a Project Architect, it’s your job to lead a team of architects and designers to deliver unparalleled projects of Workflex. Leverage your industry experience and technical acumen to drive client projects from concept through to build.
You combine creativity and technical knowledge with business skills and understanding to produce functionally beautiful spaces for clients. As a member of the Workflex Architecture team, you will be a part of a team that creates impactful and memorable experiences that will be remembered for a lifetime. Your successful track record on these projects and ability to problem solve both individually and part of a team makes Gensler a perfect place to cultivate your career.
You will anchor technical documentation and project progress with the team to ensure success. This is a good role for someone who is technically proficient and enjoys working with a highly creative, collaborative team dedicated to innovative problem solving and design excellence.
What You Will Do
- An integral part of the design team, leads towards a cohesive and rational design solution which conforms to the project brief and is technically, legally and financially responsible towards the project.
- Based on a very good understanding of local and national codes, be able to guide the team to design in alignment with the requirements.
- Guides skill development of junior designers
- Contributes to and reinforces a “collaborative” approach with the team to execute design projects
- Takes responsibility for implementing approved project briefing
- Solves complex design problems through schematic design and design development
- Oversees the design development decks for drawing packages
- Perform design assignments that include conceptual design, schematic design, design development & construction documents
- Provides technical expertise for completion and execution of design projects
- Participates in selection of palettes & material presentations, and generate specifications
- Manage multiple aspects of client, team and project coordination, including full documentation coordination with consultants (structural, MEP, lighting, AV, acoustical, accessibility, building envelope, life safety, etc.)
- Handle site coordination during execution stages of the project. Works well with PMC’s , contractors and is able to come up with quick effective solutions and take timely decisions during construction.
- Prepare site observation and quality reports during construction stage of the project.
- Support communication between project team, client, vendors, contractors, and consultants
- Actively participate and contribute to the financial performance of project
- Utilize hand and 3D software renderings to communicate design concepts
- Establish and maintain ongoing, productive client relationships through successful project delivery
- Participation in business development effort
- Participate in exciting design and research projects and bring a new perspective to what we do for our clients
- Contribute to office activities, initiatives, and learning programs
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture
- 12-15 + years of project experience with a focus in Workplace development.
- Experience with Revit, AutoCAD, Bluebeam Revu, SketchUp, 3dMax, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator), and MS Office
- LEED / WELL accreditation a plus
- Proficiency creating technical drawings and specifications that succinctly, thoroughly and accurately describe the work to be done
- Strong planning abilities and have the ability to mentor team members, offer guidance and leadership
- Strong skills in client relationship management and presentation
- Must be a motivated self-starter with excellent communication skills and the ability to problem solve both individually and as a part of a project team
- Experience in construction document preparation and field observation
- Experience with the entire project lifecycle and design process through post-occupancy
- Flexibility to focus on multiple projects in various stages of development
- A quick learner with an ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent written + verbal communication and client relationship management skills
- Collaborative and team-conscious
- Must have the ability to maintain existing client relationships and build new client relationships through successful project delivery
- Strong leadership, organizational, communication and relationship management skills
- Deep knowledge and experience in Autodesk Revit for design authoring, documentation, data extracts and project delivery.
- Experience in collaboration within the BIM context, including cloud-based markups, consultant coordination and clash detection.
- Deep understanding of Real-Time Visualization development within the context of BIM, specifically in the use of Escape/ other rendering mediums.
- Experience in creating FF&E schemes and developing them through detailed technical specification.
- Working knowledge in the use of VR walkthroughs and panoramas for client presentations, consultant coordination and internal design reviews
Applications/Software we work with:
- Design Authoring - Revit, Rhino, Autocad, Navisworks
- Collaboration - BIM360 • (Computational Design - Grasshopper, Dynamo -optional)
- Building Performance Simulation - Insight, Sefaira, Diva, Ladybug tools
- Visualisation – Vray, Enscape, Twinmotion, 3DSMax, Graphics & Productivity - Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, • Experiential – Unreal Engine, Unity, Development – C#, Python
Life at Gensler
Gensler Asia-Pacific and Middle East is committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion through our Five Strategies. In partnership with our clients, we strive to create a just and equitable future for our communities and our colleagues. We celebrate our diversity and are focused on creating an inclusive workplace environment for all.
As a people-first organization, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From internal design competitions to research grants to “Well-being Week,” our offices reflect our people’s diverse interests.
We encourage every person at Gensler to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability and wellness programs. We also offer profit sharing and twice annual bonus opportunities. As part of the firm’s commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.
Read Full Description