The Armani Group is one of the leading fashion and luxury goods groups in the world today with 10,500 direct employees, 12 production plants and more than 2,704 boutiques in 60 countries around the world. It designs, manufactures, distributes and retails fashion and lifestyle products including apparel, accessories, eyewear, watches, jewelry, home interiors, fragrances and cosmetics under a range of brand names: Giorgio Armani, Emporio Armani, and A|X Armani Exchange.
As the Project Manager, you will be responsible for managing and supporting the construction of new and renovated retail stores and shop in shops in the United States, guaranteeing quality, timing and cost control.
Description of Responsibilities
- Working closely with the HQ’s Design team; local consultants and contractors to ensure the highest standards of quality in all the aspects of the construction process.
- Fully adapt and execute all projects with the brand concept at the forefront of decision making.
- Adhere to the expected timetable for new store openings; manage unforeseen circumstances and variables accordingly.
- Control project status and ensuring that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Coordinating internal departments (visual, operation, etc) for the flawless execution of projects.
- Understand and act in accordance with established Company values.
Overview of Critical Duties
- Manage all phases of new store/ shops construction including overseeing of quality control, budget proposals and final account settlements.
- Working with legal during the lease and deal stage, reviewing leases and construction exhibit.
- Coordinate transition of design documents into documents for bid/landlord review/permit with local architect of record.
- Develop and maintain relationship with tenant coordinator/department store coordinator.
- Managing bidding process and GC & Millworker selections.
- Track all project deadlines, budgets, deliverables including owner-supplied items.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope and devise contingency plans/options when applicable.
- Perform periodic site visits and inspect progress of construction projects.
- Verifies that applicable construction codes and safety regulations are being upheld.
- Ensure completion of punch lists and proper close-out package requirements in all projects.
- Benchmark locally sourced materials, vendors and contractors as well as oversea vendors.
- Assist in building, developing and growing business relationships with local architects, contractors, vendors, mills, etc.
- Promote a positive perception of the Company at all times both internally and externally.
- Be aware of and anticipate customer needs.
- Implement and ensure the Company Health, Hygiene and Safety Policy is met at all times.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Sets and achieves goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments, Inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Architectural Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience; prior luxury retail experience preferred.
- Prior Project Management experience including budgets & negotiation skills.
- Attention to detail and able to meet tight deadline.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Microsoft Project, AutoCAD, Photoshop, 3D studio rendering.
- Excellent sense of urgency, resourcefulness, follow-up, interpersonal communication, organization, and problem-solving skills are required.
- Traveling to site locations is required.
The appointed candidate will be offered a salary within the range of USD $95,000 - $120,000 annually, plus the opportunity for a bonus, a comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, various paid time off programs, employee discount/perks and retirement plans with employer contributions. This position is located at our Giorgio Armani Corporate Office in NYC and offers the opportunity for a hybrid on-site schedule.
Read Full Description