SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
Manager, Private Markets
Locations: | New York, NY | Hybrid
Get To Know The Team:
Managers on the Private Markets Accounting team have a deep understanding of administration for alternative investment funds with a focus on Private Equity/Real Assets. They develop and execute plans, including setting functional priorities for the team and production.
Why You Will Love It Here!
- Flexibility: Hybrid Work Model & a Business Casual Dress Code, including jeans
- Your Future: 401k Matching Program, Professional Development Reimbursement
- Work/Life Balance: Flexible Personal/Vacation Time Off, Sick Leave, Paid Holidays
- Your Wellbeing: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program, Parental Leave
- Diversity & Inclusion: Committed to Welcoming, Celebrating and Thriving on Diversity
- Training: Hands-On, Team-Customized, including SS&C University
- Extra Perks: Discounts on fitness clubs, travel and more!
What You Will Get To Do:
- Oversee teams supporting fund administration services to clients
- Manage client implementation and onboarding
- Plan and oversee the preparation of audited and unaudited financial statements, partner capital statements and underlying work papers
- Demonstrate knowledge of accounting and manage the fund audit process
- Develop and maintain the internal Private Equity business reporting calendar
- Review client deliverables, including, but not limited to: realized and unrealized gains/losses, management fees, investor allocations, investment data and partner’s capital allocations
- Review and maintenance of general ledgers, sub ledgers and trial balances for multiple fund clients, according to various accounting standards (IFRS/US GAAP/local GAAP)
- Aggregation, maintenance and reconciliation of key business and client metrics
What You Will Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- 9+ years’ experience in accounting, with a focus on Private Equity/Real Asset funds and/or Hedge fund
- Private Credit experience a plus
- CPA designation and/or MBA preferred
- Strong knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and other comprehensive basis of accounting, with an emphasis on investment partnerships
- Experience with Consolidated Financial Statements and Minority Interest required
- Excellent client relationship and project management skills
- Previous leadership, training, delegation and work review experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, advanced Excel skills required
Thank you for your interest in SS&C! To further explore this opportunity, please apply through our careers page on the corporate website at www.ssctech.com/careers.
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services. SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan. SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
NYC: Salary range for the position: 130,000 USD to 150,000 USD. The successful candidate may be eligible for an annual discretionary incentive compensation award.
Read Full Description