Customer Service Representative I | Maryland Heights, MO
Monday to Friday
Answers and resolves telephone inquiries/requests initiated by customers or prospective customers in a prompt, accurate and courteous manner.
- Use proper telephone etiquette and all available resources to respond to incoming customer inquiries, requests and complaints competently and courteously.
- Troubleshoot inquiries and follow up with customers on issues that cannot be resolved immediately.
- Complete all required documentation associated with the handling of calls and maintain complete and accurate records.
- Report laboratory results to clients and patients using established protocols.
- Follow through in a timely manner to resolve all issues and concerns.
- Escalate issues as appropriate to keep supervisor informed of client concerns, problems or deviations from established procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned to meet the business needs or customer requirements. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities, but rather a general description of work performed by the position.
Required Work Experience:
Preferred Work Experience:
One (1) to two (2) years of customer service and/or related health care experience preferred. Previous medical or clinical laboratory background preferred.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Sitting for long periods of time.
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands , and/or fingers. (Typing)
- Proper telephone etiquette to handle customer inquiries
- Basic knowledge of operating office equipment
- Understand the importance of Quality Service and how it is measured
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written) necessary to effectively interact with customers and co-workers
- Proficiency in basic computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Good listening skills
- Ability to maintain professional and tactful manner in stressful situations
- Ability to deal with client information in a confidential manner
High School Diploma or Equivalent(Required)
Read Full Description