The Product Engineering Internship supporting the Embedded and Edge Processing and Wireless Products Divisions is an opportunity to learn and develop your data analytics, silicon debug and technical reporting skills by working within our Operations team. Our internship is designed for individuals who are currently enrolled at an accredited college/university and who will be continuing their studies in the fall.
Millions of people experience Synaptics every day. Our technology impacts how people see, hear, touch, and engage with a wide range of IoT applications -- at home, at work, in the car or on the go.
We solve complex challenges alongside the most influential companies in the industry, using the most advanced algorithms in areas such as machine learning, biometrics and video processing, combined with world class software and silicon development.
The typical base pay range for this position is USD $25.00 - $45.00 per hour. Individual pay is determined by many factors including work location, job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Note that compensation listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only.
- This is a great opportunity for anyone planning a career in product development, data analytics or silicon test, especially if interested in Audio and Wireless IoT or Automotive technologies
- You will have the opportunity to learn about the entire silicon lifecycle from Design to Test to Characterization and Qualification, to Mass Production release
- You will learn directly from industry experts in the fields of yield, reliability, automated test, microelectronic packaging and quality, just to name a few
- You will be trained on the latest software for data analysis, picking up statistical tools that can be applied to any area of study or business
- Fundamental knowledge of electronic circuits with curiosity to learn more
- Well organized with strong attention to detail; proactively ensures work is accurate and error-free
- Self-motivated and aptitude to learn quickly
- Positive attitude and work ethic; unafraid to ask questions and explore new ideas
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong sense of professionalism
- Candidates should be seeking a Bachelor’s or Advanced degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Ability to write scripts in python or other programming languages is a plus
- Able to work independently at times and dedicate a minimum of 20 hours/week
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation, including verification of your employment and criminal history
- Must be 18 years of age or older
Belief in Diversity
Synaptics is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.
Read Full Description