Siemens is a global powerhouse in electronics and electrical engineering, actively operating in more than 190 countries. We’re offering a wide range of pioneering products for energy efficiency, industrial productivity, affordable healthcare and intelligent infrastructure, with a quickly growing focus on sustainability. To find answers to the toughest questions of our time, we need open-minded and curious people who dare to ask them. Just like the more than hundreds of thousands of people of Siemens. And maybe just like you.
R&D Leading Engineer (Data mining, Machine learning)
Siemens Corporate Technology department, Research group “Condition Monitoring” is looking for an experienced and innovative R&D engineer to work in a close cooperation with international divisions for development of next generation products and solutions incorporating data analytics as an essential component for their improved performance, reliability and best in class quality.
As part of the Condition Monitoring team, you will have an opportunity to get involved in state-of-the-art application of machine learning to massive datasets coming from real world engineers and end-product users, from sensors installed at gas turbines and steel production system, from water supply networks and high speed trains.
Becoming a part of a global team working in the area of Business Analytics and Monitoring will allow you to gain and share ideas with researchers around the globe.
What are responsibilities?
- Participate in development of analytic components in industrial intelligent systems for anomaly detection, predictive analytics, forecasting, signal processing
- Research, design, and implement algorithms that power knowledge inference and online recommendations
- Dive into huge, noisy, and complex real-world behavioral data to produce innovative analysis and new types of predictive models of engineering behaviors and manufacturing processes performance
- Explore the untapped potential of big data for design, engineering and analysis tasks and devise revolutionary approaches
- Advance the state-of-the-art in the field, including generating patents and publications in top journals and conferences
- Apply deep learning techniques to large-scale, real-world problems
- Fast prototyping, feasibility studies, specification and implementation of data analysis product components
- Working with customers to understand algorithm requirements and deliver high-quality solutions.
What are requirements?
- Degree in mathematics and/or statistics
- Practical experience in data mining, machine learning, knowledge discovery, artificial intelligence, signal processing, time series forecasting
- Hands-on advanced proficiency in handling and analyzing large data sets
- Knowledge in optimal computational environment required for data processing, mining and machine learning
- Programming languages: Python, R
- Scientific publications and references or proven successful industry experience
- Great interest and motivation for applied research
- Intermediate English
Would be beneficial:
- Experience in Deep Learning tools like Caffe, Theano, Torch, Cuda-convnet, Deeplearning4j, Pylearn2
- Experienced with the information technology aspects of data collection, organization and integration
- Java development experience
Requisition ID: 256169
Organization: Corporate Technology
Career Level: Mid-level Professional
Full time only