Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Esports Business Development Manager for Japan, you'll help shape and grow the ecosystem of Riot Esports. You excel at strategic planning, deal sourcing and negotiation, partner management, and overcoming obstacles in a fast-paced environment. Your analytical skills will assess new business ventures, and your entrepreneurial spirit will help drive deals to completion.
As a Tokyo Rioter, you'll join a smaller team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our obsession with player experience, rejection of convention and maniacal passion for gaming. With teams in Player Support, Community and Marketing, Riot Games Tokyo is dedicated to creating unique player experiences that show Japanese players they aren't lost in translation.
- Educated and experienced: you have at least a bachelor's degree plus 5 years of experience in business development at a leading media, tech, consulting, or content company; understanding of the sports industry, esports, or the broader media landscape is preferred
- A hardcore gamer and sports enthusiast: your passion for video games is what drove you to the industry; you love games and sports offline and online, you're an avid fan of LoL esports, and take play seriously
- Strategic: you're able to see the big picture and help develop mutually beneficial partnerships
- A negotiator: you're adept at negotiating and closing sound commercial agreements while possessing a solid understanding of contracts including licensing agreements
- Analytical: you're able to use data to make informed decisions and business cases; you have a strong understanding of financial analysis and modeling
- A clear communicator: you can effectively communicate in any medium: presentations, email, conference calls, etc.; you're able to convert large amount of information and data into clear, professional presentations
- Detail-oriented: you're organized with high attention to detail
- A proven multi-tasker: you're able to manage multiple projects and deliverables at once and you're a self-starter who thrives in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment
- Help to identify and analyze new product, distribution, and digital licensing opportunities for Riot Esports
- Lead deal development and prospecting, sourcing, and negotiating/closing; this includes proactively identifying potential business partners and negotiating agreements
- Collaborate across departments (brand, broadcast, player management, legal, league operations, etc.) to help identify and execute new business opportunities
- Support strategy development for esports digital product launches, product enhancements, and content licenses across all media platforms
- Help develop and manage existing and potential partnerships and business collaborations
- Constantly analyze the rapidly evolving esports landscape, focusing on deal and partnership opportunities that will support the growth of Riot Esports
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.