Vice President, Cyber Security | London | Digital
Company & Team Overview
AlixPartners is a leading global business advisory firm of results-oriented professionals who specialise in creating value and restoring performance at every stage of the business life cycle. We thrive on our ability to make a difference in high-impact situations and deliver sustainable, bottom-line results.
Our Cyber Security team focus on advising our clients on the ever-increasing threat faced by their businesses. They tackle issues faced by organizations that operate online and need to protect themselves from online threats, advising on the technical, strategic and commercial aspect of cyber defence.
In your role as a Vice President you will help organizations tackle their complex business problems with a cyber security approach; keeping data secure, partnering with leaders and investors to identify, quantify, and neutralize financial, operational, and reputational risks. You will be working in small teams in the delivery of high value outcomes across a diverse set of industries, clients, and project roles in EMEA.
Key Responsibilities and AccountabilitiesTo understand the status and nature of our clients’ cyber security operations, utilizing common frameworks (NIST, ISF & ISO) and conducting:
- Maturity-based assessments.
- Risk-based assessments.
- Strategic compliance, governance and readiness guidance
- Support the rapid platform vulnerability and threat assessments, providing practical and knowledgeable advice on remediation
- Contribute expertise to the development of costed programme plans based on strategic objectives, available resource and risk appetite; and to help develop security service portfolios and operating models
- To understand and develop the security component in clients’ digital strategies.
- Experience in at least one of the following sectors: financial services, payments, aerospace, automotive or high-tech engineering sectors; and be able to relate security to IT and business risks
- To support projects with the CIO and CISO in the delivery of their leadership, programme and operational responsibilities
Background and Qualifications
- This position is an advanced role and a Bachelor’s degree is required. Candidates with advanced degrees (MBA/MS/MA/ME, Ph.D.) in technical concentrations are preferred
- At least 10 years of applicable professional and consulting experience. Relevant experience in Telecommunication, Media and Technology industry and/or financial services needed
- Cyber experienced and qualified (eg. CSSIP or equivalent)
- Experience in information technology and/or operational management consulting
- Experience and ability of working across small projects and multiple work streams of larger projects
- Able to manage complex client and external stakeholder relationships
- Excellent writing and communication / presentation capabilities
- Presentation Tools – PowerPoint, Visio
- A passion for driving projects that enable clients to achieve their security and strategy objectives
- Solutions focussed and possessing strong commercial acumen coupled with a strategic awareness
- A strong motivation to develop your knowledge in a way that can improve the quality of our work
- The ability to deliver expertise in critical and urgent situations, requiring rapid improvement
- A highly collaborative approach with the ability to develop buy-in from a wide range of stakeholders
- A focus on achieving success in individual and team projects
- A strong attention to detail with the ability to produce clear and accurate written outputs
- Acts as a positive role model. Develops self and others through coaching and informal feedback
- Confident when interfacing with clients
- Fluency in English
- Fluency in a Europen language preferred
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Work authorization as a citizen of an EU Country with passport or holding a passport and a European work visa that allows for unrestricted travel
Additional Information and How to Apply
We are a European practice so this role may involve working for short periods at other AlixPartners’ European offices and providing assistance at client sites abroad. Flexibility will therefore be required
To apply please send your CV and CL to EMEA-UK-Recruiting@alixpartners.com