For over two decades, NVIDIA has pioneered visual computing, the art and science of computer graphics. With our invention of the GPU - the engine of modern visual computing - the field has expanded to encompass PC games, movie production, product design, medical diagnosis, scientific research, computer vision, and deep learning. Today, visual computing is becoming increasingly central to how people interact with technology, and there has never been a more exciting time to join our team.
NVIDIA is now in the best position to take mobile visual computing to the next, previously unimagined level with Tegra, NVIDIA’s System-on-Chip (SoC). Tegra is powering a wide range of devices, from our own SHIELD consumer products to next-generation cars. To help this work we are looking for a Senior System Software Engineer to solve increasingly difficult challenges in visual computing with a great team.
Key responsibilities could be one or more of these:
- designing, developing, and testing kernel software for Tegra SoCs
- designing, developing, and testing graphics user space drivers for Tegra SoCs
- designing, developing, and testing camera drivers for Tegra SoCs
- B.Sc. degree or higher in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Excellent C programming and debugging skills for system level work
- Capable of delivering innovative solutions even under pressure
These will impress us even more:
- Android System SW development experience
- Hands-on SW development experience with Linux kernel
- System-level understanding of a modern ARM-based SoC
- Prior professional experience in Visual Computing
(e.g. OpenGL, Vulkan, Camera IP, Display technology)
- Experience in the field of machine learning/deep learning & knowledge of both theory and software tools (e.g. Python, Theano, Caffe, CUDA)
- An international playground. Every day work requires cooperation with colleagues from the US headquarters to various locations in Asia.
- Great teams. You'd be working with some of the top professionals within your field.
- Big but small. We enjoy the resources of a big corporation while conserving a small office atmosphere and possibility to make a difference.
- Excellent learning opportunities. For example internal trainings, internal cross-domain talks and cooperation with renowned universities.
- The office. NVIDIA Helsinki is situated in the buzzing technology suburb of Ruoholahti. The whole office including a sauna, cooking facilities, and the game lobby are at your disposal for an occasional break.
With competitive salaries and a generous benefits package, NVIDIA is widely considered to be one of the technology world’s most desirable employers. We have some of the most brilliant and talented people on the planet working for us and, due to unprecedented growth, our world-class engineering teams are expanding fast. If you're a creative and autonomous engineer with a genuine passion for technology, we want to hear from you.