Senior Software Engineer, Test & Automation
GoPro’s versatile cameras and accessories enable people to self-capture immersive and engaging footage of themselves enjoying their favorite activities. From extreme to mainstream, GoPro’s HERO® line of wearable and gear-mountable capture devices are transforming the way consumers, professional athletes, and video production professionals capture, manage and share meaningful photo and video content. Based in San Mateo, California, GoPro’s products are sold through more than 25,000 stores in over 100 countries worldwide and direct via GoPro.com. GoPro branded content is shared and enjoyed by millions of people on popular media channels such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Vimeo and YouTube.
GOPRO® and HERO® are trademarks or registered trademarks of GoPro, Inc. in the United States and other countries.
What You’ll Do
You should be comfortable working in Mac OS X as your primary system and with using the UNIX command line on both local and remote systems. You should have some familiarity with Windows for cross-platform testing and be familiar with major concerns of cross-browser and cross-platform testing. You should have some exposure to mobile testing (iOS and/or Android) in the context of web or mobile application testing.
Skills We Are Stoked About:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience in quality assurance engineering
- Experience building and extending test frameworks and test scripts (you must know how to write automation tests rather than simply execute them)
- Experience testing API/SDK as a white box or automation engineer
- Familiar with Git, Jenkins CI frameworks, ability to dive in and build test front end, back end test frameworks
- Recent, hands-on experience with scripting in at least one of the following: Ruby, Shell, Perl, Python, Java, C, C++, C#
- Experience using Selenium WebDriver to drive web UI tests
- Ability to troubleshoot, debug, and identify the relevant information in reporting a defect
- Ability to communicate technical information, verbally and in writing, in a manner digestible to all stakeholders (development, design, management)
- Solid understanding of software test methodologies and the role of a Software Engineer in Test in an Agile environment
- Exceptional attention to detail
Bonus Skills We Are Stoked About:
- Experience with Ruby on rails, Go, node.js
- Experience development and test automation of RESTful APIs
- Experience using cloud architecture load testing, using tools like LoadRunner, JMeter
- Experience writing SQL and experience with a modern RDBMS
- See your content used by millions of people worldwide
- Competitive rate
- Live it. Eat it. Love it. – Two dedicated hours during your week to explore your passions and capture it with your GoPro.
- Get your very own GoPro (Mounts and accessories included)
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan
- Competitive salary
- 401(K) matching
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance – premiums are fully paid for employees
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fully stocked kitchens with snacks galore
- Free shuttle rides to work.
GoPro is an equal opportunity employer