Forge your legacy by joining the newest and highly anticipated Waldorf Astoria hotel, located at the epicenter of D.C. on Pennsylvania Avenue, as a Reservations Agent on the Front Office Team!
The iconic Old Post Office has been reimagined as Waldorf Astoria Washington DC – reclaiming its position as one of Washington, D.C.’s preeminent addresses where all are welcome. With 263 rooms, 38,000 square feet of event space, and 2 restaurants plus 3 bars, this is the new home for Washington, D.C.’s most consequential events, groundbreaking meetings, and unforgettable experiences.
- Classification: Full-Time
- Shift: Monday to Friday from usually from 8:30Am to 5PM. Candidate must have flexibility to work weekends of holidays if required.
Want to learn more? Hotel Website, Facebook, Instagram
What will I be doing?
As a Reservations Agent, you would be responsible for processing group reservation information including rooming lists, suites, resumes and billing requirements. Communicate and verify information between Meeting Planners, Housing Bureaus, Meetings and Conventions and Front Office. Process reservation request calls as appropriate.
- Answer all reservations telephone calls and e-mails in a friendly manner, using clear English communication. When processing e-mails or listening to callers, ensures a clear understanding of their inquiries and requests. Promptly provides accurate information regarding availability of accommodations and other requested information. Assists other departments such as Sales, Meetings and Conventions and Front Office with reservation related questions.
- Process all group contracts from the Sales Department. Obtains data from various sources, including but not limited to faxes, electronic messages and handwritten lists. Enters all group blocks into reservations computer system and verifies correctness of data entered against the data received. Follows up with Sales Department regarding all questions that stem from the groups. Monitors group blocks after they have been entered into the computer system.
- Assist the local Reservations Desk at HRW with questions, problems or concerns that arise concerning reservations made at the hotel.
- Maintain suite reservation request process and inventory controls for all suites and other room accommodations, as needed, to maximize revenue and meet customer needs.
- Process reservation requests from team members at other hotels in the Hilton family. Processes and monitors Passports issued to our team members for the Team Member Travel Program.
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
The Benefits – Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture ranking #2 Best Company To Work For in the U.S. We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members so they can Thrive personally and professionally in a diverse and inclusive environment, thanks to innovative programs and benefits. Hilton offers its eligible team members a comprehensive benefits package including:
Read Full Description
- Access to your pay when you need it through DailyPay
- Medical Insurance Coverage – for you and your family
- Mental Health Resources
- Best-in-Class Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Go Hilton travel discount program
- Supportive parental leave
- Matching 401(k)
- Employee stock purchase program (ESPP) - purchase Hilton shares at 15% discount
- Debt-free education: Access to a wide variety of educational credentials (ex. college degrees, high school completion, English-language learning, digital literacy, professional certificates and more)
- Career growth and development
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Recognition and rewards programs
- Available benefits may vary depending upon property-specific terms and conditions of employment and the terms of the collective bargaining agreement if applicable.