About the Job:
PlanGrid is looking for an amazing iOS Engineer to help us build the future faster. Our users are building some of the most amazing construction projects in the world, and our platform is their central information point. Our users are building some of the most amazing construction projects in the world, and our platform is their central information point.
Our stacks are diverse, so you will get exposure to lots of technologies including Swift, Android, Python, Mongo, Postgresql, React, .NET, and more.
As an iOS Engineer, you’ll tackle difficult and interesting challenges and help build and improve the core field experience of PlanGrid. Things like:
- Building near real-time collaboration and markup for construction drawings
- Building slick and responsive UI that can handle millions of user generated data points (like photos and annotations)
- Building tools to streamline communication and collaboration on the construction site
- Tackling synchronization and consistency that allows our users to work and edit offline
- Replacing Excel workflows with simple, powerful tools
- Have at least 3 years of engineering experience
- Have the passion and dedication to write highly scalable, reliable code
- Love solving tricky problems
- Have experience building iOS apps in Objective-C and Swift
- Major plus if you have experience with at least one server side framework (Rails, Django, Flask, etc.) and/or any other native client experience (Android, .NET)
- Team player – you love to teach others about cool new tricks you learned and absorb tips and tricks from developers; love solving problems as a team across platforms
PlanGrid is construction software made for the field. PlanGrid allows plans and markups to be instantaneously shared with everyone on a construction project, no matter where they are. It lets contractors, architects, and building owners collaborate from their desktop or mobile devices. We emerged from Y Combinator in 2012 and has since secured funding from Sequoia Capital, Tenaya Capital, Founders Fund, Northgate, Box, 500 Startups, Y Combinator, Navitas Capital, and Google Ventures.
Our cloud-based platform is storing more than 30 million construction documents digitally, making us the biggest digital repository in the world.
We’re located in the Mission district in San Francisco (1 block from BART). Our office is wheelchair accessible.
Learn more about us at plangrid.com/about
- Health/dental/vision insurance with zero contributions for you or your dependents
- Construction site tours of the biggest projects in SF using PlanGrid (past tours include: SF General Hospital, etc etc)
- Conference fund to support ongoing learning + development
- Catered lunches 3x/week
- Whatever gear you want (most engineers have a retina MBPs and Apple Thunderbolt displays)
- Free transit pass
- Flexible vacation