Metrolinx is connecting communities across the Greater Golden Horseshoe. Metrolinx operates GO Transit and UP Express, as well as the PRESTO fare payment system. We are also building new and improved rapid transit, including GO Expansion, Light Rail Transit routes, and major expansions to Toronto’s subway system, to get people where they need to go, better, faster and easier. Metrolinx is an agency of the Government of Ontario.
We embody our values in everything that we do. We Serve with Passion, Think Forward, and Play as a Team. If you can relate, we want to hear from you!
Start Rate (Non-negotiable): $27.15 per hour
Training Rate (Non-negotiable): $15.50 per hour
Seeking Part-Time Station Ambassadors to serve as a Metrolinx brand ambassador providing customers with information and assistance on bus and train services, wayfinding, policies, fare products, equipment, and purchase methodologies in a safe and efficient manner.
What will I be doing?
- Represents Metrolinx and the Metrolinx brand, and always works in accordance to our customer and safety charters to provide excellent customer service.
- Selling and educating customers on all forms of fare media and other products as required and depositing revenues daily.
- Handles and maintains accurate records of cash handling, equipment malfunctions, incident reports, and electronic logs, the appropriate handling/logging of lost and found articles.
- Be proactive with customers to answer questions and be flexible in handling any situation, including assisting customers with special needs (i.e. wheelchair assistance), provides First Aid as required.
- Providing trip planning and wayfinding information to the travelling public and providing in person assistance when required.
- Keeping customers in the know by making station announcements, update notice boards, ensure service bulletins and marketing materials up to date and current.
- Assisting with revenue protection activities which may include inspecting customer tickets or PRESTO cards prior to customers boarding and notifying Transit Safety as needed.
- Responsible for ensuring the stations, platforms and grounds are safe by conducting safety and quality checks including removing snow and ice from walkways.
- Carrying out basic janitorial services and maintenance on the station grounds
HOME BASE LOCATION: Various
DAYS OF WORK: Various
SHIFT HOURS: Various
OFF DAYS: Various
NOTE: Mobile positions will involve working up to a five-day weekly schedule at various locations in the selected region, with variable shifts including weeknights, weekends and holidays - minimum 2 1/4 hours per day.
Read Full Description
- A personal vehicle is required for travel.