About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Risk Analytics Consultant in Credit Risk Modeling as part of Corporate Risk. Learn more about the career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com.
Credit Abuse and First Party Fraud COE is a newly formed team under Corporate Risk Management. The team is responsible in building centralized framework of managing fraud losses across customer lifecycle driving better fraud mitigation, setting higher bar on controls and consistency across LOBs and providing speed to market in identification and mitigation of fraud attacks through use of sophisticated analytical tools and models. The team is expected to evolve from MIS providers to leading strategy and policy recommendations as well as conduct complex graph link analysis allowing us to effectively manage first and third-party fraud losses.
This is an exciting opportunity for a strong analyst to be part of this team. Incumbent is expected to understand technical skills including programming languages like SAS/SQL. He/she should be able to able to develop MIS reports, analyze trending data and share meaningful insights with senior management and stakeholders. In long run, this team is expected to evolve to lead advanced analytics like graph link analysis, ML models etc.
In this role, you will:
- Contribute as an SME to the Credit Abuse and First Party Fraud COE team execute relatively large and complex projects with moderate to high risk for the line of business
- Develop a framework to oversee third party fraud losses for Consumer Lending businesses
- Develop and manage monthly business report which will provide fraud risk management insights for various consumer lending line of business
- Develop data structures to drive deep dive analytics & understand the root cause of shifting trends
- Leverage advanced predictive analytics, and expert knowledge of fraud mitigation tools and techniques to detect and mitigate credit abuse and first party fraud risk
- Develop and optimize fraud strategies across various acquisition channels, build business cases to enhance risk management, customers experience and contribute to sustainable and profitable business growth
- Provide meaningful insights to key stakeholders
- Drive root cause analysis at time of fraud attacks informing future strategy recommendations
- Review and analyze complex programing models to extract data and manipulate databases to provide statistical and financial modeling specific to businesses supported
- Manage the roll out of pilot programs developed as a result of programmed models for supported businesses and product line
- Make decisions in complex product strategies, data modeling, and risk exposure, requiring solid understanding of business unit projects and regulatory responses, policies, procedures, and compliance requirements that influence and lead analytics and reporting to meet deliverables and drive new initiatives
- Collaborate and consult with peers to resolve production, project, and regulatory issues, and achieve risk analysts, and common modeling goals
- Lead projects, teams, and mentor junior analysts
Required Qualifications, US:
- 5+ years of Risk Analytics experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field such as applied mathematics, statistics, engineering, finance, economics, econometrics or computer sciences
- Strong analytics skills and comprehensive understanding of P&L and risk drivers
- Expertise in few programming and statistical packages - SAS, SQL, VBA, Macros, R, Python, E-miner, Tableau, SAS VA
- Advanced expertise in MS office tools including Excel and Powerpoint
- Highly proficient in SQL, SAS, or a similar data mining and analysis language
- Advanced expertise in MS office tools including Excel and Powerpoint
- Fraud risk management experience within the consumer lending industry
- Knowledge and understanding of credit card, or auto loans lending practices, policies, and procedures
- Ability to visualize and develop reporting and analytics serving stakeholder needs
- Advanced knowledge of analytic tools aimed at developing strategic solutions within fraud mitigation across multiple business units including small business banking, credit cards and auto
- Strong project management skills with ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Strong ability to develop partnerships and collaborate with other business and functional area
- Ability to identify and evaluate trends, isolate root cause, and provide swift/thorough resolution
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with keen attention to detail
- Ability to work across the matrix organization and build lasting relationships across the firm
- Ability to take initiative, identify opportunities and implement change
- Ability to work at one of the approved job posting locations on a hybrid schedule
- Charlotte, NC
- West Des Moines, IA
- Minneapolis, MN
- Chandler, AZ
- Dallas, TX
- Wilmington, DE
Preferred location(s) listed above. Other locations within the Wells Fargo footprint may be considered for current Wells Fargo employees.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Read Full Description