About the role
We are currently looking for a data engineer to reinforce our global innovation & technology department, responsible for improving existing and developing new processes and the realization of digital manufacturing investment projects for the Barry Callebaut group: more than 12000 employees, 64 manufacturing sites in 30 countries.
Key responsibilities include
In your role you will leverage manufacturing big data in a smart way to gain additional process and business insight and make better
decisions through data. You will scope and manage innovative proof of concept projects and the corresponding KPI’s for success in very
close cooperation with process engineers and internal customers which span all layers of the business (production, controlling,
continuous improvement, QA...).
- You are able to manage the entire data flow from data collection-integration to data exploration-preparation. Understand, catalogue
and document new data sources and create data pipelines. Apply statistical analysis and visualisation techniques, generate & test
hypotheses and display drive and curiosity to understand the manufacturing process to its core.
You own the related tools and applications including monitoring and maintenance.
- You will lead the setup of data analytics tools by aligning business requirements of internal users and defining functional
requirements. Together with a data scientist you ensure the evolution from descriptive and diagnostic analytics
towards predictive and prescriptive analytics.
- You will be based in our Wieze or Halle office in Belgium and willing to accept projects worldwide.
Due to the international nature of our projects we can offer flexibility in terms of work hours and work location.
Read Full Description
- You have a Master degree in Engineering, Computer science, Bio-science, Chemistry, Economy or Electromechanics with experience (2-5 years or more) in manufacturing.
- You are interested to become a domain expert and having good math and computer science skills.
- You want to be passionate about our cocoa and chocolate industry and willing to master the process, collaborative and innovative mindset and curious about data.
- You have experience in data engineering to enable data access & utilization and familiar with database systems, ETL tools and others.
- You have data science expertise or are interested in becoming an expert with knowledge of statistical modelling, machine learning.
- Experience with Python and/or R is required.
- You are a good communicator and able to visualize complex problems.
- You are thinking in a process oriented way. Experience in the food or process industry is preferred, manufacturing experience a must.
- You will be able to conduct analysis, identify and quantify improvement opportunities using continuous improvement standards.
- You are fluent in English. Dutch and/or French are considered a plus.
- Flexibility in terms of travel is required for this function (up to 20%).
- You are a results-oriented team player and you will moderate the various parties involved (customers, users, suppliers and contractors).
- You have a broad interest in technology and are continuously collecting know-how to deliver state of the art solutions.