Environmental Systems Associates (ESA) is the experts in air conditioning and heating in Howard and Montgomery Counties for over 40 years. Our policy is Honesty and integrity, by adding value, making the best decisions, and providing solutions for our customers heating and cooling needs. Our vision is to become the first-place people turn to for home repairs, and we invite you to be part of that vision!
The HVAC Tech Apprentice assists with the service, diagnoses and repair of HVAC equipment and other appliances as required. Performs tasks in support of Service Technicians. May also support the parts area on an as needed basis.
- Assist Techs in servicing products and equipment on assigned projects and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Uses a variety of hand tools, wiring diagrams, piping schemes or engineering specifications, to diagnose, and repair HVAC
- Identifies, analyzes, diagnoses and repairs instruments and products at a customer's location.
- Maintains tools and equipment by inspecting for signs of wear
- Represents company by serving as a direct customer contact.
- Determines parts to order for repairs and timeliness of need.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, detail oriented and entrepreneurial in nature.
- Ability to follow directions and specific process steps to ensure quality workmanship.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to interact effectively face to face.
- Associate degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school
- EPA certification (at least type II) preferred
- A valid driver's license with clean driving record.
- Ability to troubleshoot and provide repairs at the service technician level
- Ability to lift 100 pounds
- Ability to climb ladders
- Ability to operate standard technician tools
- Ability to follow controls/wiring schematics
- Ability to braze/solder/weld
- Two or more years as an HVAC Installation, Assistant Installation, Maintenance, or Service Technician
- NATE certification preferred
In Return We Offer:
Read Full Description
- Competitive compensation
- Friendly, team oriented, and rewarding work environment
- Excellent benefits including generous medical, vision, dental and life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan with a company match
- Paid Time Off – Time to recharge!
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- Company Paid Training
- Uniform/Apparel Program
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer