Through meaningful experiences and innovative technology solutions, SevenRooms is on a mission to transform the hospitality industry. We built a platform that delivers the ingredients for hospitality owners to be able to provide guests with extraordinary moments.
Our mission matters now, more than ever. Our guest experience and retention platform empowers restaurant and hospitality operators around the world to take back control of their business, deliver on world-class guest experiences, and revitalize their business to grow even stronger from where they were before the pandemic. We believe our technology delivers solutions that operators need to restore and enhance their businesses, while also rebuilding the communities where people live and work.
We invite you to take a seat at the table, share your voice and perspective, and contribute as an owner to help us grow further than we have ever imagined. We are currently accepting candidate applications to work from anywhere in the world where we have business operations.
About the Role
SevenRooms is hiring its first Commercial Counsel to help drive the day-to-day responsibilities for the Legal function. We are looking for a business-minded, forward-thinking lawyer who will provide sound legal counsel and risk management advice for the company as we grow globally. In this role, you will be responsible for drafting and negotiating customer, partnerships and vendor contracts, advising on data privacy and regulatory compliance, and establishing procedures to drive efficiency across legal work streams.
What You’ll Do
- Draft, negotiate and examine a broad range of agreements, such as client contracts, strategic partnership opportunities, NDAs, and vendor/supplier agreements.
- Provide sound legal counsel and support the company’s cross-functional goals. You will support and advise our team on opportunities or business issues across Operations, Product, Finance, People/HR, Sales, Customer Success, Engineering and Marketing. You will be expected to identify and assess legal risks and opportunities, research and proactively manage legal issues relevant to the hospitality industry, and provide counsel accordingly.
- Offer guidance and serve as the escalation point for a wide variety of legal matters, including but not limited to contract negotiations & interpretations, state/federal and international compliance issues, data/privacy regulations, intellectual property, and other corporate matters.
- Support the growth and continuous improvement of the newly formed in-house legal team, which will manage legal matters for the company in alignment with our mission, values and business objectives.
- Coordinate with outside counsel on specialized legal matters.
Who You Are
- 5+ years of legal experience; at least 2 years in-house experience at an early or growth stage company
- Excellent business judgment, intellectual curiosity and the ability to balance legal and business requirements
- Familiarity with data privacy regulations (GDPR, CCPA, etc.) strongly preferred
- High emotional intelligence and ability to communicate confidently, with a knack for explaining complex legal concepts to different audiences
- Ability to work autonomously with limited direction to drive high value, strategic deals to completion
- Ability to support global stakeholders in different time zones
- Excellent communication skills with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Expertise in contracts evaluation and negotiation
- Previous experience working with outside counsel is a plus
- A JD from an accredited law school
- Admission and membership in good standing of the New York Bar Association
What We Offer
- A fresh start with a flexible and independent working schedule: SevenRooms provides all employees with their first two (2) weeks of employment as paid time off to relax and recharge before starting their journey with us. You’ll also have access to unlimited paid time off, including tenure-based PTO minimums, paid parental leave, and the option to work anywhere at any time.
- Fair and equitable compensation: Our compensation packages are competitive based on external market data. At SevenRooms, you can expect fair pay for your hard work and dedication to helping us transform the hospitality industry. In addition, we also offer equity in our growing organization.
- Comprehensive benefits package: We offer a full slate of benefits for our employees and their families: comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, commuter benefits, gym reimbursement, 401K plan, and unique wellness offerings that include One Medical, Spring Health, Carrot, and Headspace.
- Employee programs and recognition: Through our Roomie’s Choice program, all employees at SevenRooms receive a monthly stipend to spend however they see fit. You’ll receive an additional quarterly dining credit to use towards SevenRooms clients and a unique milestone reward for every year you’re a part of our team.
- Opportunities for training and professional development: Your manager will partner with you on establishing quarterly objectives that not only benefit the company but aid in your overall career development and advancement. SevenRooms also provides financial support for continuing education, certifications, or participation in external training programs.
SevenRooms is a guest experience and retention platform that helps hospitality operators unlock the full revenue potential of their data. From neighborhood restaurants and bars to international, multi-concept hospitality groups, the end-to-end platform enables operators to build direct guest relationships, deliver exceptional experiences and bring more guests back, more often. The full suite of products includes reservation, waitlist and table management, online ordering, mobile order & pay, review aggregation, and marketing automation. SevenRooms empowers operators to own, analyze and optimize every step of the guest journey, enabling a more data-driven approach to hospitality.
Founded in 2011 and venture-backed by Amazon, Comcast Ventures, PSG and Highgate, SevenRooms has dining, hotel F&B, nightlife, sporting and entertainment clients in more than 250 cities worldwide, including: Bloomin’ Brands, MGM Resorts International, Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group, Jumeirah Group, Hilton Hotels, The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, Harrods, Wolfgang Puck, Michael Mina, sbe, LDV Hospitality, Bagatelle, Altamarea Group, AELTC (Wimbledon), Giordano’s, D&D London, The Wolseley Hospitality Group, Zuma, Live Nation and Topgolf.
SevenRooms has been recognized as a top employer for its people-first approach by publications including:
- Inc. Best Workplaces (2022, 2020)
- Inc. 5000 (2022)
- Ragan’s Platinum HR Awards Finalist (2022)
- Built in Best Places to Work NYC (2022, 2021, 2020)
- Built in Best Place to Work NYC - Midsize Companies (2022)
- VentureFizz Unique PTO (2022)
- Forbes Best Startup Employers (2022)
SevenRooms is an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We understand the importance of creating a more diverse and inclusive workplace and celebrate our employees for their differences.
View our Prospective Employee Privacy Notice by visiting https://bit.ly/2P6ey4M
Read Full Description