Siemens is a global powerhouse in electronics and electrical engineering, actively operating in more than 190 countries. We’re offering a wide range of pioneering products for energy efficiency, industrial productivity, affordable healthcare and intelligent infrastructure, with a quickly growing focus on sustainability. To find answers to the toughest questions of our time, we need open-minded and curious people who dare to ask them. Just like the more than hundreds of thousands of people of Siemens. And maybe just like you.
R&D Engineer / Leading Engineer (Big Data)
We are looking for R&D engineers that will contribute to development of a new generation of industrial analytics and monitoring platform based on cutting-edge advances in Big Data and IoT worlds. The solution and underlying technologies are capable of processing, storing and visualizing terabytes of data in near real time and offline while maintaining scalability, elasticity and secure service for users distributed all over the world. The platform is targeted for various systems spanning from a fleet of best-in-the-class energy systems to the world largest scientific experiment. The idea, in short, is to provide real-time Big Data analytics in industrial monitoring domain.
What are responsibilities?
We consider candidates for an international R&D team with various experience and skills ranging from young talented specialists till experienced and innovative developers. The responsibilities can vary depending on the candidate’s experience.
The baseline responsibilities are as following:
- Develop a brand new Big Data platform that is expected to be some of the most regarded in industrial world
- Design, develop and maintain high quality code in all manner of server-side places: APIs, stream engine jobs, NoSQL data warehousing, analytic model management, etc.
- Solve challenging technical problems within distributed environments
- Work closely with data scientists to provide the required access to the data and to support development of new analytic algorithms
- R&D in emerging technologies for Big Data and IoT
- Improve scalability, stability, accuracy, speed and efficiency of the platform
- Work in a team using the Scrum methodology ensuring that your team meets your sprint commitments.
- Continuous improvement of the tools and processes used by the team
- Contributing to the international R&D department as a whole through pull request reviews and tech talks
What are requirements?
- Experience in commercial software development with Java
- Proven ability to solve challenging problems by utilizing innovative non-conventional approaches
- Continuous learning and adoption of the newest technologies from the world of open source software
- Communication skills and readiness to work in a team as well as individually
- Ability to switch between different tasks
- Upper intermediate English
Would be beneficial:
- Experience with
- Design and implementation of highload distributed applications which operate in near real-time (e.g., data stream processing/analytics)
- Java 8, Scala, functional programming in general
- Message queues (e.g., Kafka, RabbitMQ, etc)
- NoSQL databases and data grids (e.g. Cassandra, MongoDB, Couchbase, etc)
- Distributed computations systems (e.g. Spark, Storm, Ignite etc)
- Technologies from Big Data world (e.g. HDFS, Spark SQL, Cloudera Impala etc)
- Cloud computing (e.g. AWS)
- R/Matlab, knowledge in machine learning/data mining/signal processing/AI
- Participation in conferences, publications in journals/blogs/professional community resources
Requisition ID: 233350
Organization: Corporate Technology
Career Level: Mid-level Professional
Full time only