Spectrum Power 7 is a new Siemens system which offers different solutions for:
- Advance monitoring, security assessment and operational improvement of an electric transmission network
- Improve monitoring beyond SCADA
- Optimization from security and economical point of view
- Optimal network maintenance and avoidance of system overload
- Preventive/corrective measures against planned or existing events
- Blackout prevention through intelligent simulation and monitoring software
- Offline Simulation
- Control and data acquisition.
What are my responsibilities?
- Deliver high quality code
- Engage in customer support for the existing code (bug fixing, enhancements to improve the existing solution)
- Development/Implementation/Test for different customer solutions (project extensions)
- Part of a globally distributed team, ensures proper communication between teams.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Medium or Advanced skills on different programming languages – e.g. C, C++, Java (big advantage of knowing FORTRAN)
- Knowledge and practical experience with UNIX/LINUX
- Know how about different software debugging tools (e.g. dbx, gdb)
- Practical knowledge with databases (SQL)
- Power engineering know-how (High, Medium and Low voltage)
- Understand the software development lifecycle
- Proactive person
- Willingness to learn
- Very good communication skills
- Team player
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to learn new products and technologies
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Proficiency in English
- German language is a plus
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is investing in you to ensure your satisfaction, motivation and performance.
- Attractive compensation package and work climate
- Food vouchers
- Yearly bonus system
- Private health and life insurance
- Private pension
- Flexible schedule and work from home policy
- Personal and professional development through training and certifications
- Relocation package
Requisition ID: 238419
Organization: Corporate Technology
Career Level: Mid-level Professional
Full time only